It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Anyone else feel like they're on a moving platform when eyes are closed?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
    decheesie
    (female)

decheesie HB User
    Anyone else feel like they're on a moving platform when eyes are closed?

Anyone else feel like they are swaying? It feels both internal and external.
    I notice it when I'm standing or sitting still.

This is pretty new to me. I've been doing VRT but it's harder now to do the exercises that I have to do with eyes closed, because the swaying changes into a feeling like I'm on a moving platform. Feels like it's either tilting or moving towards a direction.

Bit of background: bad allergies and they affected my inner ear. Was first diagnosed with labyrinthitis. This has been going on for 4 months now and it seemed like every 2 weeks my dizziness changed, and now it's this weird swaying feeling.

Got Prednisone for 6 days and feel... somewhat better, can't point it out. I'm on my 4th day off from it, still feeling some side effects.

Noticed I feel off balance when washing the dishes because I stand on this foamy mat. I decided to do VRT in that mat from now on (I have to do VRT on a soft surface, with eyes closed).

I noticed I can't do it with eyes closed anymore it feels like I'm suddenly on a moving or tilting platform, making me lose my balance quicker. I was doing so well too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
    Hbeez
    (female)

Hbeez HB User
    Re: Anyone else feel like they're on a moving platform when eyes are closed?

So glad I found this board. Can't believe how many people seem to have/describe many of the symptoms I've been experiencing for weeks. It's freaking me out! I, too, have had different phases of what I'd call disequilibrium (I read one of your other posts.) Never had this problem before. Have been to the Urgent Care, chiropractor, and PT. Urgent Care says it's labyrinthitis and should go away in a few weeks. Chiro helped the first and worst day I had it (lessened symptoms.). PT says he can't treat me since it doesn't seem to be BPPV and nystagmus?? Can't get into the ENT for almost two months. Wish I knew why I have it and what I could do to get it to go away. Do you think it could be hormone related? Hope you get some relief soon!

Closed Thread