It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• cochlear hydrops please read!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
    joefriend
    (male)

joefriend HB User
    cochlear hydrops please read!

My name its joe and I was diagnosed in the summer of 2009 with cochlear hydrops. It was devastating everything I read about said there is very little treatment that works and no cure. It started to take my hearing right away, ringing roaring pressure, it was all um bearable. The doc I saw gave me no hope and not really any info, I had to find it myself. He was pretty much like go home figure out how to live with it, so that's what I did. For the first few years I continued to smoke and eat whatever I wanted and to drink and feel sorry for myself. Needless to say the disease got worse and worse. I then decided it was my life that was on the line so I started to fight back. I started looking for the answers, I started to find pieces to the hydrop puzzle, and after 5 years Iv put all the pieces together and found the reasons why! At least the reasons are true for me. The reasons why foods I eat cause me more symptoms, and what they have in common. The reasons why I can drink only certain alcohol. And more I dint want to elaborate to much right now, but instead want to talk with and met people just like me to find out if I'm right beyond myself. The research out there is to some degree right I know why there diet works but it's not working for the explanations they list. But the research is to broad because the symptoms from one person to the next are different. They can't find that one cause so they can't develop a treatment that works for everyone or at the very least gives people there life back. But if I'm right and I am at least for me, then there its a treatment that will work. There is a way out of he'll on earth! My symptoms: fullness pressure worse after eating. Ear ringing and roaring, times of high and low pitch ringing that would put me on my knees balance loss especially at night or in the dark hearing loss big time and horrible brain fog.Now iv always had tinnitus even before the hydrops but now is a lot quieter no more roaring or periods of knee droping high and low pitch screaming, no more balance loss not even at night or in the dark, no more symptoms after eating, I can't eat necessarily what I want, but I know why and at least I know now. I know my hearing loss had improved and so therefore I believed it had stopped won't know for another couple months, but I can wear my hearing aid on low and I dint have any uncomfortableness anymore. My life has improved greatly. I have no more brain fog no more anxiety. I require no more meds for my acid reflux, I have no more problems with irritable bowel syndrome, I think clearly I dint feel like I'm in a box. Please if u read this and these symptoms sound familiar and ur suffering reply to this, I need to find and talk to people like me. Sorry for the way this is written, I'm not very good at writing I'm not stupid just a uneducated laborer. Thanks for reading

Joe

Last edited by moderator2; 06-18-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
    BAKUVI
    (male)

BAKUVI HB User
    Re: cochlear hydrops please read!

Dear joefriend,

I have never been diagnosed with cochlear hydrops. In fact I have never been diagnosed at all. My main symptom is tinnitus with serious memory problems which I attribute to inner ear problems. Food is also important factor in my state. After some food I feel that my state is getting worse with my cognitive functions declining. I also feel some relief when I am significantly dehydrate. Plus intermittent blurriness makes life worse. Do these symptoms tell you something?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
    BAKUVI
    (male)

BAKUVI HB User
    Re: cochlear hydrops please read!

Dear joefriend,

I have never been diagnosed with cochlear hydrops. In fact I have never been diagnosed at all. My main symptom is tinnitus with serious memory problems which I attribute to inner ear problems. Food is also important factor in my state. After some food I feel that my state is getting worse with my cognitive functions declining. I also feel some relief when I am significantly dehydrate. Plus intermittent blurriness makes life worse. Do these symptoms tell you something?

Closed Thread