It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Retracted ear drum with tinnitus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
    WeakPulse
    (male)

WeakPulse HB User
    Retracted ear drum with tinnitus

Last Sunday I went to a heavy metal concert. Without thinking I stood way too close to their speakers. I noticed the next morning ringing in my ear. Over the next few days I also noticed pressure in my left ear.
    I went to an urgent care facility and was told I had a retracted ear drum. He told me to take some decongestants and nasal spray to help. As well as do the maneuver of squeezing me nose and exhaling with my mouth shut. None of these seem to be working.
    Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Should I be concered? The ringing is very bothersome along with the pressure in my ear. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Retracted ear drum with tinnitus

A retracted ear drum means your Eustachian tube is closed, which is usually from swelling or thick fluid, like from allergies. It can take awhile to open up, so I would continue the decongestants on a regular basis, add antihistamines, use the nasal spray, and if not open by Monday, I would call Dr, and see if you could get a steroid nasal spray. They work best. Fexofenadine is a good antihistamine that is non drowsy and once a day. This could turn into an ear infection, so report any fever, increasing pain or feeling sick in general to your Dr. This should be annoying but not making you feel sick.

Closed Thread