It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Has Anyone Experienced These Symptoms for Labrythinitis/Menieres

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
    MISSICHAI
    (female)

MISSICHAI HB User
    Has Anyone Experienced These Symptoms for Labrythinitis/Menieres

End of Aug 2014, Get to work at 6 am, sit at my desk, turn to get something out of desk drawer and my world changes in a split second! I turn away from the drawer and feel faint, thinking I'm going to fallout, at that moment I panic, try to stand up, realizing that just on brought on the dizziness, then nauseated, then I started sweating, felt overheated couldn't cool off and the pounding headache started actually lasted all day yet milder. It seemed to subside so I thought it was hunger, BP up. For the rest of the week I felt really lightheaded with a mild headache, slightly off balance. The following week I noticed a more consistent headache, more off balance, tired, while driving my eyes felt really weird and I had a hard time concentrating. Friday after Labor Day 2014 - Visit to walk in clinic - Vertigo/prescribed Antivert, which helped with dizziness, not necessarily the headache, or my eyes nor feeling sick to my stomach. Other symptoms arise: when working at computer, for longer than 45-50 mins, my eyes start hurting, head hurts, I start feeling as though I'm leaning to one side and get nauseated. outside of the regular daily headache, eyes feeling weird and the nausea with too much moving around, the back of my head and across my shoulders hurt, my bottom lip gets a little numb, sometimes go to sleep and awake with a headache. Finally, Visit with the ENT Dr.- Severe Vertigo - loss of hearing in both ears but right ear is worst. Lab is diagnosed, taking prednisone, scheduled for MRI Acoustic. 14 Oct 2014 - Awoke by a jolt in the left side of my head and a headache in the early hours before day. New symptoms - taste buds aren't the same and a little numbness on the side of my tongue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
    Grapes1986
    (female)

Grapes1986 HB User
    Re: Has Anyone Experienced These Symptoms for Labrythinitis/Menieres

Yikes! That all sounds super icky.

I've had an inner ear problem for almost a year now - the first 6 months were weird, which a range of symptoms that would pop up an go away. Dizziness almost all the time, with intermittent jaw pain, headaches, numbness on the affected side of my face, eyes feeling weird, a swollen or full feeling in my ear. Etc.

Now I hardly get any of those symptoms, unless I am out too late, drink a little too much, and don't get enough sleep. I've found that the longer you have this, the easier it gets because you learn about your body and what you can/can't handle. Definitely do VRT exercises, I find they help a lot if you do them regularly...

Good luck!

Grapes

Closed Thread