It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Anxious about reoccurrence

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
    Labsufferer
    (female)

Labsufferer HB User
    Anxious about reoccurrence

Having read a lot of these posts I appreciate that what I have suffered is only minor but for me, it was terrifying and I'm living in fear of reoccurrence. About 6 weeks ago my eyes went involuntarily crossed for about 30 secs, the room span and I felt nauseous, exhausted and dizzy for the rest of the day. Since then I've been feeling quite rough a lot of the time. I got my eyes tested, which were fine, so assumed it was a migraine.
    A few weeks ago I got a minor sore throat then last Friday my eyes started rushing from side to side in my head, woke me up & the whole room was spinning around viciously. I was sweating profusely, white as a sheet, tried to get up & collapsed. Husband eventually got he back into bed but if I moved my head a cm to the side I thought was going to vomit & room span again. After about an hour I accidentally moved & was sick everywhere. Paramedics arrived & in hospital I was diagnosed with lab, given stemetil injection & the world finally steadied. Since then I've been exhausted, nauseous, light headed and utterly terrified of worse to come. i have 2 kids to look after, my husband travels with work & I'm studying/working too. Should I see a neurotologist?
    Any advice at all very gratefully received.

Last edited by Labsufferer; 11-05-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Anxious about reoccurrence

You should certainly see a doctor about this. You just say that the lab work dx'ed you but don't say what dx they gave you so it's hard to say which kind of doctor you should see but a neurologist would sound possible.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
    Labsufferer
    (female)

Labsufferer HB User

Thank you for your msg. I saw my GP this week (routine appt to discuss why my white blood cell & neutrophils count low - seems it could be cos of lab). I'm taking Prochlorperazine since the hospital but it makes me very drowsy & packet almost finished. I'm able to get around without feeling too bad (slight nausea, light-headedness, foggy, bit off balance, sore ringing ears) but just don't know what to do if another attack suddenly happens....would rather prevent it!

Old 11-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, did your doctors rule out vertigo. Vertigo is an imbalance of pressure in your inner ear which will give you that spinning sensation accompanied with nausea, it is a very debilitating condition. If I suspected I had vertigo then I woud go to an ear, nose and throat physician. As far as your eye symptoms, I have never heard of vertigo causing this but it is certainly possible. Hope you can nail this down so you do not experience these terrible symptoms again...

Old 11-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
    Labsufferer
    (female)

Labsufferer HB User

Thank you for your kind words & yes, I agree that an ENT neurologist is probably the best person to help me. The eye problem is apparently very common with lab.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #6
    sashababe
    (female)

sashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB User

Now that you are over the initial acute stage of Labyrinthitis it should gradually improve from here. In some people it can take months to get back to normal but you won't experience those horrid first symptoms again.

Closed Thread