It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Perilymph Fistula

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
    mbwa
    (male)

mbwa HB User
    Perilymph Fistula

Anyone out there had this surgery? I'm in week 3 and wondering what to expect going forward.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
    mbwa
    (male)

mbwa HB User
    Re: Perilymph Fistula

I can also provide some background for those searching for answers. It's been about a year now since I felt like I had an ear infection or fullness that wouldn't go away. Few weeks later one ear started ringing and I've had tinnitus ever since. I started with primary care physician, ENT etc and didn't get any results. I'm a big boy so just sucked it up and figured it would clear up eventually. A few weeks later I was becoming dizzy at times and needed to hold onto something so I didn't collapse and embarrass myself while simply standing still. From there it got progressively worse, popping sounds , headaches or maybe it was just pressure and finally imbalance or disequilibrium. And the ever so popular difficulty in malls or supermarkets and light sensitivity. Over the course of 2014 I have been to ER twice, had MRI, went to a balance center, hearing tests, seen neurologist, cardiologist, rheumatologist, 4 ENT ( until final one) and currently decided on surgery. The test I got done was a lasix test (after all those close your eyes and point tests I falied) and while the fluid was exiting my body I felt like I haven't in years. I was clear headed, could pass balance tests and simply felt amazing. With that I've gone for surgery after meeting a few more ENT for second opinions. Some dont believe in PLF. So I'll kep you posted if you request.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #3
    Kingy1
    (female)

Kingy1 HB User

Hi I'm just wondering how you were getting along ? I'm 8 days out from plf surgery and not feeling great - in fact dizzier than I was prior to the surgery. ! Any info or help would be most appreciated from your experience . Thanks
    Hayley

Last edited by Administrator; 01-04-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #4
    yncs5729
    (male)

yncs5729 HB User

Hi, Any updates from surgery?

My wife is likely facing surgery in the near future.

Closed Thread