It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board

• Dizzy/lightheaded and Anxiety Attacks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #1
    dizzyana
    (female)

dizzyana HB User
    Dizzy/lightheaded and Anxiety Attacks

Hi there,
    I have dizzy light headed feeling for two weeks now and I just been at the doctor yesterday and they checked the blood and send me to neurologist, where they made CT test and everything was OK. I do have a hereditary thrombophilia, maybe that is why they made CT that fast. I do panic a lot, especially when I get bigger dose of dizziness. I just can't help it... because I don't know what to expect, what will happen. And then I start worrying if there is nothing really physically wrong, that I'll go mad or something. And there will be no help for me.
    It all started with this dizziness and after a week my hand started to hurt from upper part to lower part. And I still have this weird feeling in hand, like it's not totally functional. And then a few days back my leg started to feel similar, just that it kind of hurts a little like it is a muscle or something. And then I think I had a panic, what if I have clots in my head... So that is when I went to the doctor. So I guess I don't have that. I was really worrying what will the results bring. They gave me a xanax yesterday and today I feel even worse. Dizziness and all soft in my body and a little bit nausea. I don't eat much either since I have this. I do experience weird things like floaters in my eyes and that I don't see so clearly, just like for example when you look somewhere very bright and than look away and you see differently for a while. That's how I see all the time.
    Nevertheless, so I won't be too long... I would like to know If there is anyone with the same simptoms, how have you been, have you figured something out, anything new that would help? I would just like some of your experiences.
    Thanks a lot! Really is better to see that you are not totally alone in this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
    Re: Dizzy/lightheaded and Anxiety Attacks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzyana View Post
    Hi there,
    I have dizzy light headed feeling for two weeks now and I just been at the doctor yesterday and they checked the blood and send me to neurologist, where they made CT test and everything was OK. I do have a hereditary thrombophilia, maybe that is why they made CT that fast. I do panic a lot, especially when I get bigger dose of dizziness. I just can't help it... because I don't know what to expect, what will happen. And then I start worrying if there is nothing really physically wrong, that I'll go mad or something. And there will be no help for me.
    It all started with this dizziness and after a week my hand started to hurt from upper part to lower part. And I still have this weird feeling in hand, like it's not totally functional. And then a few days back my leg started to feel similar, just that it kind of hurts a little like it is a muscle or something. And then I think I had a panic, what if I have clots in my head... So that is when I went to the doctor. So I guess I don't have that. I was really worrying what will the results bring. They gave me a xanax yesterday and today I feel even worse. Dizziness and all soft in my body and a little bit nausea. I don't eat much either since I have this. I do experience weird things like floaters in my eyes and that I don't see so clearly, just like for example when you look somewhere very bright and than look away and you see differently for a while. That's how I see all the time.
    Nevertheless, so I won't be too long... I would like to know If there is anyone with the same simptoms, how have you been, have you figured something out, anything new that would help? I would just like some of your experiences.
    Hello,
    I also have had trouble with dizziness and the eye floaters that started last year. The dizziness started in March 2012 after I had a sinus infection. You might want to see a neuro-otologist. They specialize in inner ear and might be able to help you more. I wish I would have went there first. If it's a virus affecting the inner ear, you can ask for an anti-viral and a steroid medicine, that is suppose to help the virus and calm down the damage it can do. My PCP thought I was just upset or having anxiety. Though now, it's proven I had a virus that damaged part of my balance system. I hope you can get some help that will get you back to yourself soon.
    Take care,
    Nicole

Old 02-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
    Lucyswalker
    (male)

Lucyswalker HB User

Damn!!! I'm soo sorry - but I've had the exact same experience-
    Minus the hand and leg thing.... But a friend I found online has almost the identical symptoms

My friend and I both quit smoking cigs and took up e-cigs, both got infections in our vestibular parts - and we found each other on the stupid vaporizer health boards......and here I am... This was back in nov 14.....

I'm not a dr and I don't know anything- but - mine lasted a couple weeks (the acute phase that is I guess) then I used my vapoizor again and the pain
    started all over - just kind of slowed down feb- I'm sure I made it worse by worrying about it- cause I had good days sprinkled in there- but it always came back worse.... And my thoughts def made it much worse....
    I now go to a psychologist 1-2 times a weeks- and my neurologist put me on verapamil and vtr... Only been a month and it s kind of better but I am impatient .....

Def go to the neuro-ontologist- I ve been to about 4-5 different Drs- had 2 MRI's
    EEG, EKG, catscan blood test you name it-

Just made an appointment today for an neuro-ontologist wed- can't wait-

I just logged on to get help with my VTR- maybe even develop a new theory???
    Who knows , I have nothing else to do....

Good luck- I hope it gets better real soon!

Old 02-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
    biteneck
    (female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzyana View Post
    Hi there,
    Hello,
    I have a problem with my balance system. Maybe see a neuro-otologist. They specialize in inner ear and dizziness. I hope you feel better.
    Nicole

Closed Thread