It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board

• Could I have IC?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
    rachl13
    (female)

rachl13 HB User
    Could I have IC?

Hi all,

A month ago, the doctors found that I passed a kidney stone. During this time, there was a lot of blood in my urine along with some clots. This concerned me so I went up to the hospital. I had a CT scan and it seemed I had passed the stone.

The blood had stopped that night after my stay in the hospital, but ever since, I have just been experiencing symptoms as if my bladder is never completely empty. My streams will be normal, but then I'll also have moments where I've had a full bottle of water to drink and I can only pee a little.

I've had flares too where I had to pee like three times in a row for example the other night. Whenever I have these flares too, that pressure like I have to pee in my bladder is really bad. Uncomfortable almost at times. When I have these pains/flares as well, there will be what feels like a sharp stinging pain that comes and goes really quickly. Last time this was on the left side of my bladder, but when I had the flare the other night, I got it on the right side of my bladder.

Does this sound like IC to anyone? When I was in the hospital for my stone, the doctor discussed the possibility with me. I am so paranoid it's bladder cancer or something! I'm getting a cystoscopy on the 20th of this month so just want to hear what people think it may possibly be in the mean time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
    Puddinpie
    (female)

Puddinpie HB User
    Re: Could I have IC?

Have you had your urine checked since being the hospital for infection? If thee is no infection then IC could be a possibility. Highly doubt if it is cancer. I would start with getting checked to make sure there is no UTI lingering. Sometimes even urine cultures can miss infections especially when the urine is too dilute. The cystoscopy may or may not be able to determine if you have IC. For me the cystoscopy was able to see that my bladder was severely inflamed therefore I was dx with IC. That was back in 2006. I went through all the IC treatments and not much helped with it. One thing that did help my IC was when I was on antibiotics for a UTI. I think IC is caused by a hidden bacteria.

I would get a urine culture to rule out a UTI and then see what the cystoscopy reveals. The best doctor you can see in terms of IC would be a urogynecologist. However, you can also try and see a functional practitioner who may be able to help you more to find out what is going on in your body that would cause you these symptoms. Hope you feel better soon. I know how awful bladder issues can be.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-26-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    bladder pain, interstitial cystitis