It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board

• Have i got IC for sure?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
    Rach2002
    (female)

Rach2002 HB User
    Have i got IC for sure?

I had my 3rd baby beginning of March (not sure if beneficial info but thought best mention anyway) I had a swab done and antibiotics prescribed 2 weeks later (think bv but was never explained) late in March I had uti symptoms needing to pee regular burning and uncomfortable. Went to primary care who did a dipstick and prescribed trimethroprim for uti. Fast forward to June untill now and I've had the same every month. I go to the GPS with a sample and it shows positive however once cultured show negative apart for white blood cells. I feel the episode lasts intensely for several hours and then feel fully better after a couple days of antibiotics. In July I was on trimethroprim for another episode but for much worse I was at A&E they prescribed different antibiotics and the culture for this one came back positive. I was given antibiotics to match the type of infection and felt better. But have since had 2 more episodes both with positive on dipstick but negative on culture (and part from white blood cells) I'm currently to and from a urologist who had performed a cystoscopy and only found the odd irritation patch. I had this done the day after an episode tho so surely by bladder would still be recovering from this. Has anyone else been through this? It's every month for the past several months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
    Genesis315
    (male)

Genesis315 HB User
    Re: Have i got IC for sure?

Certainly appears to be IC. The etiology of IC is unknown in mainstream medicine but it seems to be aggravated by high acid levels in the urine and hypoxia (oxidative stress) is often the cause. I believe it is caused by a bacterial infection by gram-negative, anerobic, Staphyloccocus Aureus, which is found in the reproductive tracts of women. The hypoxic environment causes a Type I sensitivity (hydrophobicity) of epithelial cells. An opportunistic bacteria like SA is now positioned to infect the surface mucosa of the bladder by binding to the urinary glycoprotein, GP-51, which is produced by the bladder. Infection leads to an allergic reaction, mast cell accumulation and histamine packet formation leading to the activation of the NF-Kb network and subsequent inflammation. Irritation of the bladder surface and corresponding pain will result. Elevated serum IgE antibodies will confirm this.
    The best defense against IC and all autoimmune syndromes is adequate antioxidants...once you get the hypoxia under control you will see the UTI's (E.Coli) subside as well.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #3
    staypositiveplz
    (female)

staypositiveplz HB User
    Re: Have i got IC for sure?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Genesis315 View Post
    Certainly appears to be IC. The etiology of IC is unknown in mainstream medicine but it seems to be aggravated by high acid levels in the urine and hypoxia (oxidative stress) is often the cause. I believe it is caused by a bacterial infection by gram-negative, anerobic, Staphyloccocus Aureus, which is found in the reproductive tracts of women. The hypoxic environment causes a Type I sensitivity (hydrophobicity) of epithelial cells. An opportunistic bacteria like SA is now positioned to infect the surface mucosa of the bladder by binding to the urinary glycoprotein, GP-51, which is produced by the bladder. Infection leads to an allergic reaction, mast cell accumulation and histamine packet formation leading to the activation of the NF-Kb network and subsequent inflammation. Irritation of the bladder surface and corresponding pain will result. Elevated serum IgE antibodies will confirm this.
    The best defense against IC and all autoimmune syndromes is adequate antioxidants...once you get the hypoxia under control you will see the UTI's (E.Coli) subside as well.
    Whoa - that was an intense explanation but it makes sense. Maybe that can help me clarify my issues. Or maybe you can? My IC started after the first UTI I ever had. I had never had a UTI and then boom - I get one and IC. My IC was pretty mild for the next 12 years with mainly urtheral burning and vaginal stinging. When I was "flaring" I would have to pee super often with an irritated bladder feeling and pressure that would taper off.

This past August I suffered another UTI (can you believe 12 years apart!) Ever since this UTI things have been mega flared up and now I suffer not only from urethral stinging/burning/vaginal pain and bladder pressure but now frequency and more pressure which is mega annoying. I don't know what to do!

If you have any insight into this please feel free to private message me. You seem quite knowledgeable. I don't understand all of your terminology but always am looking to find a healing protocol.

Thanks in advance!

Reply Reply