It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board

cystitis is a kind of allergy or ...?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
maraki
(female)

maraki HB User
cystitis is a kind of allergy or ...?

hello, I ran some tests and pyosfairia and some traces of hemoglobin were found in my urinalysis. So the diagnosis is intestanial cystitis...I would like to know if anyone knows the correlation of cystitis with IgE and the treatment with antistamines?
I read that it is a chronic condition...

Thank u

Maria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
chelliep
Inactive
(female)

chelliep HB User
Re: cystitis is a kind of allergy or ...?

I have been going to a Urogynacologist and found out that I have incomplete bladder emptying. When you pee you should retain only 10% of the urine in your bladder. I was wondering if the condition is causing my cystitis but I forgot to ask him.

My doctor suggested switching to 90-95% alkaline water as most water is acid and common sense will tell you to avoid any acid foods such as citrus, lemon, tomatos most fruits except for blueberries and pears, all coffee, most tea, chocolate etc. Hope some of this helps you.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-13-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
chelliep
Inactive
(female)

chelliep HB User

If you have blood in you urine you definitely need a cystoscope where a camera is inserted into your bladder to determine if there is cancer. I don't mean to scare you but I am surprised that your doctor didn't insist upon this.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #4
maraki
(female)

maraki HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelliep View Post
If you have blood in you urine you definitely need a cystoscope where a camera is inserted into your bladder to determine if there is cancer. I don't mean to scare you but I am surprised that your doctor didn't insist upon this.
Thank u a lot for your help...I am already scared by the many symptoms I am experiencing so do not blame yourself for scaring me. I am going to ask for a cystoscope.
I only notice symptoms sometimes during my period, a sensation like knives on my waistline and sth like burning sensation on my "sensitive" area. I have also noticed urgency not pain when I am going to the toilet. Indeed tomatoes and chocolate increase the frequency of visiting the toilet.

last but not least, I have night-time urine before my menstrual cycle. I believe that the root cause is an hormonal imbalance because I have many other weird symptoms.

P.s sometimes I am leaking when laughing

Maria

Last edited by maraki; 09-14-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
1bizylady
(female)

1bizylady HB User

I was just wondering if you ever went for a scope of your bladder.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 AM   #6
itsmenoodlehead
(female)

itsmenoodlehead HB User

Hello lady, Iíve had IC for almost nine years now and have never gotten any relief from antihistamines. Thatís not to say that you would not everyone is different. Hope this helps....

Natalie

Reply Reply