It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board

• Swimming and IC. Any input ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User
    Swimming and IC. Any input ?

I was recently diagnosed may 4th with this debilitating disease.
    I use to love to swim and would really enjoy that this year but it doesnít seem like itís gonna be a good idea. I loved baths and canít really do those anymore either. At least not in hot water for a while.
    What are your thoughts on swimming? Iím not even going to attempt chlorine but what about hot tub or lake? And is anyone elseís IC worse during there period? My cramps have
    Increased times ten and Iím even on the pill. I havenít felt cramps like those since high school 12 years ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
    anotherpatty
    (female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User
    Re: Swimming and IC. Any input ?

I'm sorry to hear you have IC. I've had it for many years and understand how difficult it can be. Swimming didn't bother my IC, although I suppose the chlorine could be irritating. What has helped my IC the most, and I've tried just about every treatment there is, is diet and also seeing the chiro. for my sciatic/piriformis syndrome and lumbar/back problem. I do have true IC - I had several internal exams for it, including some while under anesthesia. My bladder can hold about 200-300 cc's and the I feel the urge, pressure, etc. Anyways...when I cut out wheat and dairy I do notice a big difference. Ironically, drinking more water can sometimes actually help. A dr. told me this once because it makes the urine less concentrated. Some days I just cannot do that or I'll pee like crazy - other days I can. I wish you the best and hope you can enjoy swimming

Reply Reply