HealthBoards (
-   Interstitial Cystitis (IC) (
-   -   Interstitial Cystitis (

swimgirl56 11-08-2008 10:16 AM

Interstitial Cystitis
I have been having trouble with my IC lately. My bladder just feels sore and even my vaginal area hurts sometimes too. I'd like to hear from anyone who has IC and what they do for it. My doctor just gave me a new prescription for Prosedl

lucysfriend 11-29-2008 12:38 PM

Re: Interstitial Cystitis
I've been diagnosed with IC for 1 1/2 years. My daily meds include Elmiron, Atarax and Urelle (fantastic in a flare). They seem to really help me. I'm also on a special diet. I also go in for Emergency treatments where they put my meds directly in my bladder. I had to go in for a series of these treatments b/c I made the mistake of taking cold medicine. Good Luck

swimgirl56 11-30-2008 06:46 PM

Re: Interstitial Cystitis
Does your bladder ever just hurt down low right above your vaginal area and then your whole vaginal area hurts too? What do you do for that? Also, what kind of special diet are you on? Please let me know.

lucysfriend 12-01-2008 10:22 AM

Re: Interstitial Cystitis
The diet is a hard and complicated, but it helped me. I was on it very strictly for 9 months then have slowly added things back. I didn't really think it worked till I started added things back. Diet made a huge difference for me. The pain u are describing happens with me most often after sex or during PMS. My Dr swears it is part of IC but I don't know if I agree. You may want to talk to your OBGYN about other conditions it could be.

Ksusha77 01-21-2009 02:58 PM

Re: Interstitial Cystitis
I have a question and would be very grateful if you could answer me. From what I've read an interstitial cycitis seem to cause some vaginal dryness. I also have IC,and I started developing discomfort,irritation and itching in my vaginal area,seems like a yeast infection but I'm wondering if the interstitial cystitis is the cause..

lucysfriend 01-23-2009 07:26 PM

Re: Interstitial Cystitis
I've never had that issue. You should go see yuor urologist or obgyn to get a proper diagnoses. I know there are ways to get the moisture levels back up :)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.