It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board

• Pain AFTER urination

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
    Nizzle1989
    (female)

Nizzle1989 HB User
    Pain AFTER urination

Hi all,

I am wondering if any IC sufferers have similar symptoms post urination, and know the cause or have found good ways to prevent it.

When initially diagnosed I had the full blown symptoms, pain, urgency, burning etc, however the last few years have been different (luckily!)...

If I use the bathroom when my bladder been say less than 75% full, I often get intense sharp pain / cramp starting about 10 seconds after I have finished, and lasts about 15-20 minutes, so bad that I need to lay down.

However, if my bladder feels totally full, generally there is no associated pain whatsoever afterwards! I have no urgency or burning or anything else associated, just the 'non busting post urination pain.'

Wondering if being 'full' helps to stretch the bladder and prevent it cramping?

The following user gives a hug of support to Nizzle1989:
    movielover40 (11-21-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
    time and again
    (female)

time and again HB User
    Unhappy Re: Pain AFTER urination

Hi Nizzle 1989. Yes youre not alone with these symptoms, although my pain doesn't last quite as long as 15 mins. Its a horrible sharp pain, and seems to go right through your body. I also get these sharp nerve like pains on and off all the time. Its a pain which, if it kept on too long, you wouldn't be able to put up with.Sitting down is really painful. Do you get that. Its nice to talk to someone who has the same as you. You don't feel quite so alone do you. Its a really horrible thing. It would be lovely if they could find a cure for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bladder pain, bladder spasms, interstitial cystitis, urinary