It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Pls pls help me!!!!! Making myself crazy, could this be anxiety related???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2015, 07:07 AM   #1
    AnxiousA
    (female)

AnxiousA HB User
    Pls pls help me!!!!! Making myself crazy, could this be anxiety related???

A little background so the begginning of this year I had a major health scare. After reading about a friend on ******** who passed away from stomach cancer this all began. The very next day I felt I couldn't swallow, and being an acid reflux sufferer for years I was surely convinced I had either esophageal cancer or stomach cancer. After driving my family insane went for an endoscope, findings, mild acid reflux. Then I started experiencing lightheadedness every single day for hours, having panic attacks at night. Was so scared of MS did all the necessary tests two
    mri catscan blood work, findings, nothing....my doctor told me I have classic anxiety symptoms throughout all this I was hAving light green urgent loose stools everyday mainly in
    The morning. I put it in the back of my mind because I was dealing with so many issues and I thought once my anxiety went away so will the loose stool. Well here I am 3 months later and every morning I get cramps, and loose green stool. I also have a back ache... Now I am scared to death of some type of cancer. Went to
    GI he recommended CT and colonoscopy. My question to you all, I really do not want a Ct as I have subjected myself to so much radiation...does this sound like Ibs or some residuals of anxiety?? I will do colonoscopy but I'm scared, basically at work and feeaking out... Pls pls help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
    FarmGirl31
    (female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User
    Re: Pls pls help me!!!!! Making myself crazy, could this be anxiety related???

It sounds like anxiety for sure BUT get checked out for your own peace of mind.
    Green stools usually mean digestion is poor; you can start taking digestive enzymes and I strongly recommend probiotics (health food store) to help.

I had severe anxiety for many years and it's crazy what it can do to a person.

I'd try very hard to not read up on diseases online either as it's the worst thing you can do

Closed Thread