It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Travel with IBS- D

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #1
    Dickens gal
    (female)

Dickens gal HB User
    Cool Travel with IBS- D

I have two trips coming up, long flights. I'm very worried. I just found out I have ibs. I usually go twice in the morning, have to get up and move around for a full hour before leaving the house. My biggest problem comes after lunch. If I eat much, or even a little and then move around, I can have the runs in minutes.

I am considering taking Imodium every day while away, any thoughts on that? Take it at breakfast, after moving around? Mine seems to be very related to moving. If I sit still the afternoon thing often doesn't happen at all. I'm open to all suggestions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
    ingi4711
    (female)

ingi4711 HB User
    Re: Travel with IBS- D

I know your pain and have experienced the same problem. My gastroenterologist told me I could take Immodium ever day when traveling. It would not harm me. I buy the sublingual form online. Simply put on your tongue and it dissolves. Have fun traveling. The Immodium will ggive you peace of mind.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
    Dickens gal
    (female)

Dickens gal HB User

Thanks! That's very helpful.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
    homecadle
    (female)

homecadle HB User
    Unhappy Re: Travel with IBS- D

Hi,
    I understand your concern about flying. A couple of years ago, I was flying to DC. When we had just landed, I knew I had to get to the bathroom right that minute; the flight attendant told me that I could not get up and that I would have to remain seated until we pulled up to the gate. I told her that I could not wait and explained the problem; she told me that the plane would have to stop if I went to the bathroom. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom and sure enough, the plane stopped and waited until I was seated again. The experience was horrible, but I had no choice. I would be careful with eating a day before the flight, and yes, I would take Imodium, but do not take so much that you are constipated. I know I will have to fly again because 2 of my sons live in DC and I live in Florida. Driving is also a pain with IBS/D. I have dealt with IBS/D for many long years (44 to be exact) and the issues never seem to get easier. I wish you the best on your flight. You probably should request a seat close to a bathroom. I wish you the best on your trip.

SJC in NW Florida

Old 08-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #5
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

I won't hesitate to take Imodium.

I don't take it daily but it is great to have it around.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
    ingi4711
    (female)

ingi4711 HB User

Hi,

You can buy these over the counter in Germany, that's where I used to buy them. So easy to use, and same ingredients.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-08-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    travel