It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Pain with IBS

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
    sdaniels0616
    (female)

sdaniels0616 HB User
    Unhappy Pain with IBS

I'm looking for anyone to help me. I try and try and try to eat a fiber rich diet and I really try to stay in shape. During the summer I get a pain in my right side (about where the large & small intestine meet) and it's very very intense. Sometimes it will bring me to my knees. It's only like this in the summer. In the winter it never really bothers me and since it's spring right now, it's acting up really badly. I've been to the doctor and they said I'm full of gas and constipated. I take a daily probiotic that my doctor said to take as well as Metamucil. This is NOT stopped my pain. This pain is so bad and hurts me almost every single day of my life. I just don't think I can live the rest of my life in pain like this. I can't even walk my dogs without it acting up.

Has anyone out there had this issue before?? How did you make it finally stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
    Immobile2
    (male)

Immobile2 HB User
    Re: Pain with IBS

Unfortunately only 2 things come to mind as I've experienced them both, but either way I feel for ya . First thing came to mind was a Kidney Stone. With the descriptions being the summer time when your sweating alot and not taking in enough fluids ( like most), then the sharp pain in the rear flank area where the stones are manufactured, also give a radiating pain in all directions are 2 of the most popular symptoms .And of course the severity of it. Just an idea. Your primary Dr. can usually tell with a urine test to see if there's blood and or an infection present. Then the other . It too I've somewhat had an experience with. Having ibs along with severe stomach muscle cramps , I've made a number of trips to the ER. One occasion after they did one of those x-ray tests, the DR , knowing I was originally in there for a ibs flair up told, me I had an extra large amount of stool back up, but it wasn't taken too seriously as we knew that the Tramadol I was taking caused constipation. So like you I let it go only for it to continue and me not realizing what the cause was . Then the second time I went with the ibs pain and the muscle cramps , which for some reason at the time I thought where related, I once again had the X-ray test that showed again I had an extra large amount of stool back up, and it also radiated the pain in all kinds of directions causing a number of different types of pains . This time he sent me home with some scripts, including the directions to also take Myralax and Milk of Magnesia for a week to clear me out , well it didn't take no week for me to end that. However it did take the pain away, and I haven't had it since . And since I take my Myralax on a regular basis to stay regulated I haven't had any of those problems. Other those I'm not sure, but either way I hope it helps , or it's been taken care of before the time of this writing.

Last edited by Immobile2; 05-09-2016 at 05:10 AM. Reason: To add some more accurate information

Reply Reply

Tags
    help asap, ibs, pain