It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• IBS or cancer?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
    steeveedee63
    (male)

steeveedee63 HB User
    IBS or cancer?

Going through a hellacious time right now. I'm a 52 year old male, and an admitted cyberchondriac. I've been going through a pretty nasty bout of IBS, with alternating diarrhea and constipation, loss of appetite, muscle and body aches and pains, and something else...sharp pains in my upper abdomen under my ribs, mostly on the right side. Here's the thing, my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer 20 years ago, and it's always been a huge fear of mine.
    I'm not experiencing many of the signs of PC, like jaundice, back pain, or vomiting, but it's not easing my mind. My doc says it's not cancer, and I had lots of blood tests, even a CT scan of the abdomen back in November when I was experiencing major IBS flare. It was clear.
    I'm at wits end. Another doc appointment today, but I feel like I'm becoming a burden to her. Anyone else get random muscle pains and sharp pains, sometimes burning at the top of abdomen bottom of the ribs on the right side? Sometimes in the center of the abdomen at the bottom of the sternum?
    I've been reading similar stories but hope to hear from some other sufferers...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: IBS or cancer?

Since your pain is in your right upper abdomen, has your gallbladder been checked?

Reply Reply

Tags
    burning pain, ibs, muscle aches, pancreatic cancer, sharp pain