It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

Horrible Intestinal Pain Before Bowel Movement

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
busymommy
Inactive
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Unhappy Horrible Intestinal Pain Before Bowel Movement

Issue: This happens only when I take my long walk, either in the morning or afternoon. It doesn’t happen but maybe once a month on average. I have been taking 145 mcg of Linzess for the past few months because of this. I now have a normal bowel movement every morning after taking the Linzess.

What happens is that I develop severe cramping and intestinal pain when I need to have a bowel movement, but because I am out on a walk, I can’t go right away. I then need to have someone pick me up to take me home where I will have a bowel movement or two or three and then the pain gets better but it takes a long time. I am wondering what this is? I have had an abdominal CT scan recently, had my colonoscopy many years ago and am due for another in a few months but nothing was found years ago.

Do I chalk this up to IBS? This is very weird that when I am at home, this never happens.

I read somewhere that when the pain begins, this individual would take the motion sickness medication Dramamine. I bought some after my last bout and just this morning, when I had this pain again, I took two and the pain really did subside within 45 minutes. When I have the pain, I am desperate to take anything, so I am not sure if the Dramamine worked or if the pain was going to go away by itself.

Any comments on what might be the cause of this intestinal pain?

Thank you all!

Last edited by busymommy; 08-24-2016 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Grammar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Re: Horrible Intestinal Pain Before Bowel Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy View Post
Issue: This happens only when I take my long walk, either in the morning or afternoon. It doesnít happen but maybe once a month on average. I have been taking 145 mcg of Linzess for the past few months because of this. I now have a normal bowel movement every morning after taking the Linzess.

What happens is that I develop severe cramping and intestinal pain when I need to have a bowel movement, but because I am out on a walk, I canít go right away. I then need to have someone pick me up to take me home where I will have a bowel movement or two or three and then the pain gets better but it takes a long time. I am wondering what this is? I have had an abdominal CT scan recently, had my colonoscopy many years ago and am due for another in a few months but nothing was found years ago.

Do I chalk this up to IBS? This is very weird that when I am at home, this never happens.

I read somewhere that when the pain begins, this individual would take the motion sickness medication Dramamine. I bought some after my last bout and just this morning, when I had this pain again, I took two and the pain really did subside within 45 minutes. When I have the pain, I am desperate to take anything, so I am not sure if the Dramamine worked or if the pain was going to go away by itself.

Any comments on what might be the cause of this intestinal pain?

Thank you all!
I see this post is old, just wondering how things are for you? Are you still having pain or have you found relief?

Old 10-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
busymommy
Inactive
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

I still have this mysterious pain from time to time and cannot figure out what it is! It now happens at times, not only when I am out walking. I get these horrible pains, and then eventually have a bowel movement, or two, or three, and then the pain subsides. Does this sound like something you experience?

Old 10-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy View Post
I still have this mysterious pain from time to time and cannot figure out what it is! It now happens at times, not only when I am out walking. I get these horrible pains, and then eventually have a bowel movement, or two, or three, and then the pain subsides. Does this sound like something you experience?
I have had IBS for years and when I get "episodes", its like I get intense gas like pains, have a bowel movement, get the pain again then it starts being loose stools. I get bloated with IBS and the thing that I did yesterday was take two Dulcolax and never again! I had such intense pain from it that I had shallow breathing because of the pain! It was HORRIBLE! When you walk, that could stimulate a bowel movement for sure. My guess is, the reason you have pain is the constipation that you may have. Do you drink lots of water? I don't and that's part of my problem.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
VScott
(female)

VScott HB User

I sure hope you got help and are still healthy!

Reply Reply