It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

How to go about day to day

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
SDR25
(female)

SDR25 HB User
How to go about day to day

Where I'm from there's not much awareness about IBS...
I also have a hiatus hernia and had already GERD prior to that. My whole digestive system sucks!
I don't feel anyone in my life really understands what is like to live with all of this.
I've had to get a paper from my doctors and give it in my work place, to justify for getting late (going to the bathroom along the way to get to work), for the breaks (to eat and go to bathroom), which are extended when I'm in crisis, I've had to leave sometimes after lunch, for being too sick (generally I end up vomiting at home) and some days I've had to skip work because I was in no condition, and these times I still have to go to my doctor and get a paper to stay home that day (so I end up losing the while morning, instead of being actually home). Some days I haven't been to the doctor because I'm tired or going there. I know it won't solve anything. And I'm almost embarrassed of going there so many times.
S
At work when I'm worst I have to give my supervisor a ''heads up'' on how I am. And likewise some days I don't even say anything, 'cause I'm just sick of it.
I don't like people taking pity on me and I don't have the patience to explain to everyone, almost everyday, what I have and what's going on with me. It's hard enough living with it. Just let me be people!
It's been hard for me sticking to a routine. At home it also takes a thole on me, as I'm supposed to be a wife and a mother and sometimes chores have to be left for later or I do half the things I'd do on a ''normal day''. I was never the perfect housewife but now it's harder.
I realise I have pulled myself away from being and talking with friends and going out since all of this started and I haven't got the courage yet to do it.
I've been trying to get my life back, it has honestly been taken over by my guts.
It gets very frustrating to being on medication and on a diet, and still not being 100%.
I've got a gym membership (my doctor advised exercise) but I rarely get to go cause my guts have other plans.
I'm only 27 years old, got a whole life ahead of me, of living with IBS, so I'm gonna keep on pushing trough until I find the ''formula'' that's right for me.

The following user gives a hug of support to SDR25:
movielover40 (02-08-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Re: How to go about day to day

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how tough it can be and when those around you don't understand, it makes it even harder to deal with. I know this all too well. People around me don't understand that sometimes, its not that simple going out to eat. I hesitate going out with other couples sometimes for an evening because I feel my IBS will just give me stomach cramps like no one u understands and its just easier not doing it so yes, I know what you are saying. The best advice I can give, is try not to eat spicy, sugary, dairy, limit fruits and veggies. I know, what's left? Its tough because I don't follow that advice all the time either but when I don't, a gamble as to if I will handle it or not. Drink lots of water to keep pushing stuff through go easy on fiber.

Hope this helps and feel better!

Reply Reply