It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Stomach pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
    sandyw67
    (female)

sandyw67 HB User
    Stomach pain

Can IBS cause stomach pain, literal hurt to the touch or pain if you have something over your stomach area. My daughter is undergoing tests, stomach and colon scope, xray,ultrasound, h pylori not back yet, stool sample test not back yet. Doctors don't sound like they know what's going on, they gave her PPIs which do nothing, so she stopped. She has some nausea, a bit of diarrhea, main complain is this stomach pain, and it hurts when she moves around at work. They want her to try probiotics and fibre supplements. Anyone with any experience or ideas? Been going on now for about 7-8 weeks. She had to take a medical leave at work because she can't keep up with her labour intensive job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Stomach pain

Hi...yes, gas and spasming within the digestive tract can cause any external areas of even slight pressure to be extremely painful.

Did she have a breath test for SIBO?

Has she had extensive blood testing done?

The probiotics and fibre supplements are a good plan...what were the suggestions for each?

I also suggest to ask for an antispasmodic to at least help ease the spasming. I take dicyclomine...started with 10mg, and now take 20mg (I have Ulcerative Colitis and IBS).

I also suggest she keep an intake diary and times of food, fluids, etc.
    She might be able to help lessen her symptoms somewhat if some foods, etc tend to cause more gas or discomfort.

I hope your daughter gets some answers soon.

q

Old 12-07-2021, 05:43 AM   #3
    sandyw67
    (female)

sandyw67 HB User

Thanks for your response. No she has not had SIBO test yet. She has had many blood samples taken, but nothing shows. All was taken at the hospital, I know some special test that shows inflammation was to be taken and forwarded to the gastroenterologist but they didn't give me the name prior to the test and we haven't seen the gastroenterologist yet. The was no inflammation seen during any of the scopes.

Probiotics are 1 tablet per day, and the fibre is 1tbsp per day, but we will work up to that in a few days, all per doctors instructions. We mind what she eats, but she eats basically similar each day for the most part while she was working.

Sometimes the stomach pain sometimes is there all day, sometimes intermittent, she can wake up in the morning with an empty stomach and have pain, or some days not have pain. She says it's not a sour or upset stomach pain, it's a the stomach itself feels sore, like to pressure pushing on it.

Appreciate your information, thanks

Old 12-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I dont know how old your daughter is, so I'm going to assume and suggest that you get copies of ALL her test results for future records and research.

Re probiotic...which one? I suggest she take it at bedtime on an empty stomach when her digestive tract is more quiet.
    As well, take the fibre with food or just after...it will help even out peristalsis and hopefully spasming, improve proper motility and regulate bms. As well, its a prebiotic (food) for the probiotic.

I'm wondering if she might have a hernia?

As well...has she had her gallbladder checked?

Please let me know how her testing goes.

q

Old 12-08-2021, 05:18 AM   #5
    sandyw67
    (female)

sandyw67 HB User

Thanks so much.

Reply Reply