It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• my stomachs always GROWLING 24/7 plz HELP!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #16
    Sandybella
    (female)

Sandybella HB User
    Re: my stomachs always GROWLING 24/7 plz HELP!!!!!

Wow.......I can not believe it....I honestly thought I was the only one with this problem... a few weeks ago a friend of mine told me she has the same problem, which shocked me!! and now to see all of you suffering also is unreal... I don't understand why this happens to me... she thinks its a stomach problem...I think its all in my head because it only happens sometimes... in quiet places..school...work..but not at home!!! I really wish it would stop...it has held me back so much... I can't stand it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 07:16 AM   #17
    Charlie P.
    (male)

Charlie P. HB User

Me too. I've recently found that activated charcoal capsules help for an hour or so (sometimes) but I want to get to the bottom of it and make it go AWAY.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:21 AM   #18
    tennispro78
    (male)

tennispro78 HB User

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I really want to meet someone who has the same problem as me, so if anyone lives in the bay area let me know if you want to talk about it. I have never met anyone with my stomach problem and it will be nice to talk to someone about it. Lord knows it would be the first time. -the smiths

Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 AM   #19
    uberblah
    (female)

uberblah HB User

i have the SAME problem!! i have such hard time concentrating on work because of it.. i hate silence.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:38 AM   #20
    SpicyT9
    (male)

SpicyT9 HB User

reply # 15 : --"a lot of the doctor's can be jerks out there and really dont take much interest..and prescribe things like nexium "-- . Yeah , That's quite common I'm afraid ...

Old 04-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #21
    GirlWithPain
    (female)

GirlWithPain HB User

So true. I just wish that my gastro could at least take my place for a few days and see how it is "NOT A BIG DEAL" right....
    Has anyone tried Acacia fiber for this? (sorry, I probably mispelled it)

Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #22
    Penna79
    (female)

Penna79 HB User

GirlWithPain,
    Acacia fiber? I thought fiber makes you even more gassy?

Last edited by moderator4; 02-25-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #23
    cy2004
    (female)

cy2004 HB User

Hi Everyone,

It's been a couple months since the last thread, so I wonder if people are still checking on this topic. Of course, I'm also one of the unlucky ones to be affected by these noises. I started having IBS in middle school (I'm now in my first semester as a masters student at USF) but the noises didn't start until my freshman year of college. It really does distract from just concentrating on what the teacher is saying and can really affect your performance as a student. I haven't too many meds because I do think it's psychological and stress adds to it, but taking something also does help you relax because you think you're doing something about it..until that first growl comes up.

My noises don't seem to come often in the morning, but more frequently in the afternoon and on till the night. This is a problem because my classes in the fall will be all afternoon and night. I am already stressing about it and I'm exhausted from all the stressing. I also get very gassy at night...does anyone else have this problem? I don't have a problem going to the bathroom...

I totally hear ya MTV82, it's crazy because I keep going to school even though being a student is the worst time to have it! But hopefully, I'll be working in a few years as a nurse, so I won't have to worry about sitting down all day in a quiet classroom and no one will hear noises. But you're right ***K it, it's just human nature. But I'm sure to a lot of other people this is easier to say than to believe, so... to everyone out there with this problem, I'm just glad there are more people with this problem and we're here for support.

To Tennispro78, I just moved up to the bay area. If you wanna chat, that's cool. And everyone else, keep posting your replies! I love reading these messages and hearing everyone's advice and stories. It really helps.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #24
    MzTami
    (female)

MzTami HB User

Hello all, I feel for everyone with this problem. I have had it for about 7 years, I just finished my bachelors degree two years ago. I want to go for my masters but I am afraid of the noises. I have found nothing to cure the problem. I am currently taking beano and phazyme. It helps ,but again,it doesn't eliminate noises.

People don't take this problem seriously and that is probably the reason there is no cure that we know of. I wish the shoes were on the other foot that way researchers could understand what we are going through.

I am sitting here at work right now, in a quiet office with the music at medium level so no one will hear my stomach. The sad part about it is that my stomach could still be heard. This problem is taking control of my life and stopping me from promotions because I don't won't to be in meetings.

Just wanted to share. Good luck to all.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #25
    cy2004
    (female)

cy2004 HB User

MzTami,

I took phazyme too, but I'm not sure if it worked or if I was just more relaxed because I took something. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't, so I'm trying not to take phazyme regularly.

I just wanted to reply to say that I was in a meeting once and my stomach started to make noises, and it was so stressful! Thinking (and PRAYING!) that the noise wouldn't get louder and trying to concentrate on what the speaker was saying. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're holding back on promotions because of this (though I TOTALLY understand). This really sucks, doesn't it? I'm in school now and it's about two more years until I finish (I'm just trying to make it through this summer session!), the thought of which drives me nuts, but I really hope I'll be able to deal with it. Find seats in the back corner, etc.

I haven't tried calcium, eliminating gluten, charcoal tablets, digestive enzymes or aloe vera juice. Do these work for anyone?

For people who check back on this site, I actually started a post under "embarassing stomach/abdominal sounds" a long time ago under the name chrisy82 (i forgot my password so I started this name) and there are some helpful posts under that thread. I wish all of us could group together so we can create some sort of message board of what works and what doesn't.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #26
    OCI

OCI HB User

I find it a great idea to post here what have helped in some way.
    I was looking for an answer for years. I am feeling much better since about two months when I realized fructose was one of the culprits for me. So, my advises are:

1. Search for some intolerance (mines are lactose, fructose and maybe gluten, still checking although not celiac disease). This means, in my case, no dairy productos (even cheese), not sugars (regular sugar contains fructose) and no cereals.

2. Activated charcoal is a powerfull helper. Take some capsules before the meals if you need it.

3. Gas is not the primary cause of noise. Noise is promoted by the bowel/stomach movements, and gas can cause it. This means that some help can come if your digestive system is calm (even if you have gas). Peppermint oil capsules can help here, as well as some drugs (for me is alprazolam).

4. It could be a good idea to compose a list of your daily meals along with the symptoms they originate, in order to discriminate what food you should avoid. You have to take into account that the symptons can remains even some days after you have eaten the culprit.

5. Be carefull with your fiber intake. This can cause much gas to some people. Insoluble fiber can cause a big trouble.

I hope this help to anyone. Please let me know what you think

Old 06-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #27
    Charlie P.
    (male)

Charlie P. HB User

I check this board once a month or so and have posted here. My growling is getting worse. Doc says its probably a nerve acting up and prescribed Hyocyamine which is a tranquilizer acting only on the digestive tract. It helps but makes me tired. Charcoal helps unless its a really bad day which I'm having more of. Now I'm feeling nauseated at times when the noises are bad. Question: someone mentioned fructose could be the culprit. Does that include natural fructose in fruit or just foods with added fructose? I have tried eliminating fruit anyway. I thought it may be stress related but then on a perfectly calm day it comes back. Last week on a trip to Arizona I had 3 days in a row of feeling OK then it came back. I read on here somewhere it could be yeast infection. I think I'll tell the doc about that, he didn't mention that. I don't get diarea or constipation so Its not IBS I just don't know where else to post.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:00 PM   #28
    healthsue14

healthsue14 HB User

you may want to try to take 3 pancreantin enzymes....three times a day w/ meals...and see how that goes.....i am going thru some big time changes...i am having hormonal issues, adrenal...which is possibly causing my digestive problems...i am on primal defense also and also on food enzymes...plus on other supplements...i would have diabetes or worse if I wasn't on my supplements...my doctor is going to put me on some hormones next month...
    i have ibs also and just had ANOTHER COLONOSCOPY...just found some melanosis of the colon but other than that...everything is ok...are you having any other problems???
    healthsue14

Old 06-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #29
    Charlie P.
    (male)

Charlie P. HB User

What are pancreantin enzymes? Do I get it with a prescription? I don't have any other problems. Just this nauseous feeling when the noise is at its worst. My bowel movements are normal. I'm 90% sure diet has nothing to do with it after trying different things. I have stopped all coffee and sweets for 2 months or more to no avail.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #30
    tennispro78
    (male)

tennispro78 HB User

Hello everyone,
    I have been taking acti-Zyme it's an Activated Digestion Aid. I got it at the Vitamine shoppe and it works wonders. I have tried a lot of meds throughout the years but this one actually helps me. I hope everyone is doing well.

To Cy2004 i would love to chat with you about our stomachs
    AIM KsmithYYYFan if anyone has any questions

Closed Thread