It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• New...my story.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
    BethO85
    (female)

BethO85 HB User
    Unhappy New...my story.

So here's my dilemma/problem. About 4 years ago, I began taking diet pills with ephedrine in them and my stomach was fine. I would actually produce a bowel movement with anything I ate within minutes. (Made me very happy). But then a year ago, ephedrine was banned so I was stuck finding diet pills that would be a good substitute, so I took ones with high amounts of caffeine in them. I would say for the past 1 1/2-2 years, my stomach has been nothing but miserable. A year ago, I saw my doctor regarding these pains and I began drinking apple juice and tried the natural fiber grains as recommended by my doctor, the apple juice I continue to do, the fiber grains I stopped as I could not find the ability to have 6 tablespoons of that fiber poured into the limited amount of food I eat. At that time, things seemed to be okay and I thought to myself why not take a laxative this one time and see if it makes me feel better and I was able to relieve myself after having not being able to pass a bowel movement (only about every 3 days or so). Things seemed great, and now things are miserable. I always have gas pains, lower left abdominal pain, constipation, bloatedness, always tired, I feel extremely full after I eat, weight gain in my tummy, and after work my tummy sticks out like there is a balloon in my belly, and EVERY morning I wake up with large amounts of gas built up that I'm stuck with at work and sitting doesn't make it feel any better. The past 2 months I was taking 2 laxatives every weekend to relieve myself as this helped get out things from the past week. I stopped doing that as my new diet pills had HCL ? in it and allows me to sometimes go, but now its getting worse. I orderd this Colon Cleansing products that is expected to arrive in a few days and I'm praying that it works. I hate living like this, it makes it hard to go doing things socially because if I eat anything my stomach always hurts. I'm trying to drink more water too and limit my soda intake (never was big on that but I don't need it). Also, ephedrine ban has been lifted so I ordered some and expecting them to arrive sometime next week. I'm desperate to try anything to get rid of this pain. It sucks that I have to work 5 days a week because it's very painful to be sitting all day. I will let everyone know how things go with these new products I bought. I just had to vent because it is not something you talk about with just anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Re: New...my story.

I don't know if you know but every person needs fiber for their bowels/ intestines to function-- between 25 and 35 grams daily.

I don't like to sound so negative but if you don't start trying to eat and have more normal BMs and get so you can absorb vital and necessary nutrients --- pain will be with you a life time and it may be only a minor problem!!!

The choices you are making NOW does now produce good health!!

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread