It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• New to IBS - HELP!! (Gas issues esp.)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #46
    dbirchum
    (male)

dbirchum HB User
    Re: New to IBS - HELP!! (Gas issues esp.)

Hey canyondweller!

Nope, I am still here - with the same name!

Good News. I managed to find another doc and I have an appointment this afternoon! I am a little happy. I want to explain my symptoms to this new doc and let them decide what is happening. Maybe I can eventually get some relief! I will keep you posted.

I have been doing some research on probiotics and acidophalous. You think thats something that I could try/should look into for my condition?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #47
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Well, all I can go by is my problems and others that I know and they certainly can't hurt. I cannot believe how much better I am since going on them. I am finally going to the bathroom everyday, no bloating, a lot less gas and just overall feel like I have a life again. I am taking acidophalous and bifudus in one tablet, 2 a day but I orginally started with the IBS Digestive Advantage but ran out so bought the other. It was helping I just got more DA so will use that alone for awhile and hopefully that will be all I need. They have a special blend of organisms. What makes me really angry is that no Dr. has ever even mentioned these things I had to do all the research on line and listen to other people with IBS and stomach problems and then experiment myself. I feel that it cost me 6 months of my life and at my age that is a lot. You can try the Activa yorgurt which has Bifudus in it but I have to take a Lactic acid pill because I am lactose intolerant that last few months. People are swearing by this yogurt. Available everywhere. Talk to Dr. and then give it a shot. It is certainly very reasonable treatment, like less than $10 am month for the Acidophalous and Bifudus. good luck. I am going to cut down somewhat as I understand you can get an over growth of any bacteria which seems reasonable. So now that I am feeling normal I will try to be more conservative. I have never known anyone this happened to but did read it on net.

Last edited by Canyondweller; 05-09-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #48
    dbirchum
    (male)

dbirchum HB User

Interesting about the Acidophalous. I did mention it to my Dr. a couple of months ago (the last time I was there) and he did say that I could try it and it might be worth a shot. But that was it. But like you said, for the sake of $10 a month for the pills, it is worth it to try.

I can't beleive that you feel that much better!!!! Thats incredible! I bet you feel like a new person.

After my appointment with my new doc yesterday, i am feel more optimistic!

Old 05-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #49
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I can't believe it either. I have had 7 months since this got really bad and now it is like nothing ever happened for the past month so 6 months of agony and over the holidays I didn't even go to parties, dinners,etc. I don't know if I have IBS but I think my stomach just got out of balance someway, antibiotics, MaiTai's who the heck knows but this it like being given a new life. I am going to alternate daily with the DA and the Probiotic with both in it. Am going to bathroom on a regular basis now. What a relief. It cant hurt to give it a whirl. It will take at least 2 weeks to see sometimes I hear.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #50
    dbirchum
    (male)

dbirchum HB User

That is SO nice to hear.

It gives me hope!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #51
    cleveland23
    (male)

cleveland23 HB User

yea ive been having similar problems so i feel for you. it all started last summer, for about a month, i had constant stomach issues, making trips to the bathroom constantly. Then, up until about january this year, it was all fine. Then all of a sudden, i started having constant diarhea again. At first, i realized it was from an albuterol substance (for asthma) that i was using. Then, after a while, it stopped. However, recently, as in March, diarrhea came back, this time causing rectal bleeding. Since then it has been constant pain when using the bathroom, regular rectal bleeding although not always, and excessive foul gas. Can anyone help? My stomach is often weary and it is even worse after meals. While im not sure if ive had a fever due to some issues with the thermometer i have often felt warm and even wake up covered in sweat sometimes. what is wrong?

Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #52
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Albuteral should not cause diahrea. If you have bleeding you need to see a Dr. and have it checkedout. It could be one of many things but most likely hemmroids but it could be ulcerative colitis or worse. You are playing with fire by not getting it checked out. IBS is diagnosed when everything else has been ruled out first so don't assume that is it. You can try some Acidophalous tablets from the healthfood store or drug store. They frequently help with gas and digestion. I was born and raised in Cleveland.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #53
    cleveland23
    (male)

cleveland23 HB User

hemmorhoids arent associated with fever though which worries me ( although i can feel it and see it going in and out between bowel movements), also my dad has crohns disease, u think it could be the early onset of that?

Last edited by cleveland23; 05-30-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #54
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cleveland23 View Post
    hemmorhoids arent associated with fever though which worries me ( although i can feel it and see it going in and out between bowel movements), also my dad has crohns disease, u think it could be the early onset of that?
    That is true. I hadn't thought about the fever. Fever mean infection so it could be diverticulitis or I guess Crohns but the friends I have that have Crohns do not have fevers either. I would say it has to be an infection of some kind.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #55
    cleveland23
    (male)

cleveland23 HB User

its weird i can definetely see and feel something swollen that goes out during bowel movements and in in-between. Im fairly certain its hemorrhoids, but they dont seem to be getting better or worse...also i think my stomach aches come from not wanting to use the bathroom due to the pain involved

Last edited by cleveland23; 06-04-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #56
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You need to get at least a sigmoid to find out what is there. There isn't any other way to check it out.

Closed Thread