It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Right sided dull ache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2006, 02:24 AM   #1
    Libs
    (female)

Libs HB User
    Right sided dull ache?

I have suffered with IBS on and off since I was around 17 and am now 24. I get various symptoms and they are often worsened by stress. Recently I have been having a dull ache on my right side (lower). Its beneath my belly button around the ovary. I have had this before and always just assumed it was IBS. It is often not so much painful as a constant dull ache and i feel it sometimes upon sitting or moving around. I have had this now for a couple of days and really started to worry what if it is a symptom of something else, possibly an ovarian cysts due to its location.

I am just wondering if anyone else with IBS get this symptom? Im sure it could be IBS and my worrying is not helping but it is concerning me that maybe it is something else? The pain is not intense and doesnt really cause any major problems but is somewhat uncomfortable. Any advice would be ost welcome, thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 03:36 AM   #2
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User
    Re: Right sided dull ache?

I have been having this pain on and off for months, I also have pain under both left and right ribs, I have the pain near ovary/ appendix right now.

[I have been to the doctors so manytimes asking if its my appendix, and they all say no!!

My pain does get realy bad.

Have you had any tests done!!
    take care ...Mandy

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 11-06-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 AM   #3
    Libs
    (female)

Libs HB User
    Re: Right sided dull ache?

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for responding. No I havent had any test done yet. I will wait for a week or so and if this dull aching still persists I shall go to the docs. I am not so worried about appedicitis as the pain really isnt severe but more concerned about ovarian cysts. I know a symptom of this is a dull aching? Has the doc given you any idea what might be causing your discomfort.

Good luckI hope yours resolves soon

Closed Thread