It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Cramping after eating certain foods?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
    The Mayor
    (male)

The Mayor HB User
    Cramping after eating certain foods?

Hello all. I am new to this board and wondered if someone might enlighten me to my newest malady. I am a 52 yr. old healthy male who over the last couple of years have noticed problems when I eat certain foods. (i.e. marinara sauce,creamy soups,processed meats). I recently went to see my gastroenterologist and explained the pains I get in my lower abdomen about 6-8 hours after I eat these certain foods. He suggested a colonoscopy which I completed 10 days ago. It did not show anything out of the ordinary other than an irritated section of the bowel which he biopsied with no results yet.
    Just wondered if anyone believes in these enzyme supplements that are out there that are supposed to help us digest our food better as we age.
    Since the doc can't seem to find anything really wrong, I am trying to find a way to enjoy my lasagna again. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
    sammi2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
    Re: Cramping after eating certain foods?

I have not tried them but a lot of people swear by Probiotics. Dr Becker a Osteopath on Family Net recommends them. I'm not sure if that's the enzymes you're speaking of.

Closed Thread