It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Help with stomach noises

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #31
    jinababy
    (female)

jinababy HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Help with stomach noises

hi i am new to the board, i have been all over the internet reading about everything from colitis to ibs to chronic diarrhea you name it. i have NEVER had problems in my life with my stomach, then 5 months ago i started having problems and it has just totally changed, i have been told i had ibs, or diverticultitis or even a parasite which i have not ruled that one out yet due to my career. i am trying to arrange a colonoscopy. my daddy died of colon cancer, as well as his sister. soooo kind of a double whammy. anyway the main thing i have had is chronic dibilitating diarrhea and rumbling. ohhhh the rumbling thank God i am self employed and a pet sitter because not too much contact with humans. whew!!! i went on a motorcycle trip to New Mexico with my boyfriend and called my doc and had him call me in some lomotil, the strongest diahrrea medicene there is. i took two pills 3 times a day. i knew we would be high up in the mountains far from everyone and did not want to take any chances, well to my shock, lomotil did NOT even phase it. came back started taking metamucil 3 times a day & for 3 days AND COUNTING no rumbling and almost , i repeat almost normal bowel movements. gone form going to the john 15 plus times a day to about 4, and NO rumbling. i am pinching myself, don't want to get too excited, i feel like a new person. i can now go out and not worry quite as much about where the bathrooms are, i used to have radar to detect the restrooms. sorry, post is so long but have been reading the stories and if this helps ANYONE, ANYWHERE then i am so glad. just thought i would pass my story along.
    thank you
    Jinababy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #32
    Penna79
    (female)

Penna79 HB User
    Re: Help with stomach noises

How does Metamucil help with stomach sounds? If anything, I thought the fiber in Metamucil would make the gas or stomach sounds worse. If not, maybe I need to try this.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #33
    jinababy
    (female)

jinababy HB User

penna 79...i have NO earthly idea how it works, i understand it does not always work for every situation and for everybody. all i know is the last 3 days i have not felt this good in 5 very long months. this thing was wearing me down, i was getting incredibly depressed. it totally changed how i live my lifestyle. i am still going to get the colonoscopy, due to the family history..YIKES> pretty scary. and if my daddy would have gone to the doctor when he first started having pains, he more than likely would still be here. but an old ex-marine, did not acknoweldge pain. so off to the gastroenderologist (sp) i go, one thing i have learned out of all of this is how to spell diarrhea. go figure. but back to the subject, i had severe diarrhea and i had tried citrucell earlier and got a little result. the doc had put me on 3 count them 3 rounds of cipro, very strong antibiotc. that i found out can cause severe diarrhea,( catch 22). i knew i could not keep doing that, so i get the metamucil and started taking it, and for the past few days NO rumbling and can actually walk to the bathroom instead of running for my life and hoping i made it in time. i am not saying symptons won't come back on me but i have been out eating mexican food drinking margaritas and riding motorcycles. going to enjoy it while i can. i am a very active person and this just stopped me dead in my tracks.
    sooooo man i am long winded, sorry. try the metamucil and see if it works for you, what have you got to lose ...but the rumbling. let me know.
    Jinababy

Old 05-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #34
    solja18
    (male)

solja18 HB User

I've been through this problem for 8 years. I've tried everything(nulev, acidophillus, dig. enzymes, pep. oil, etc.) Nothing really worked. This is what worked.Do this! Experiment with your diet, always eat foods when you're hungry. when you're hungry, your stomach digests better. especially in the morning, then gets weaker as the day passes by. At night, I basically eat foods I know won't get my stomach noisy. Know how you react to foods. I've been reading these posts and many people have different reactions to foods. That's just the facts. 2nd, know when to eat that certain food. Keep a list of foods and what time is best to eat them, until you automatically know what and when best to eat certain them. Sorry it's not very detailed but it's general and the more you know about yourself, the better off you will be health-wise.

Closed Thread