It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• IBS or is it. bloated gas cramping SIGH

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
    Maximus Fig
    (male)

Maximus Fig HB User
    IBS or is it. bloated gas cramping SIGH

Hey..last year and half..have had stomach issues
    it started.i can remember the day..my upper tummy felt full..bloated..it got worse..its right near and under rib cage..both sides..upper stomach..its hard to the touch..in middle.where stomach is..hard stomach..painful spots.if i massage it feels better..it all started in upper stomach...so bloated all the time..eat bloated..even when dont eat..stll look bloated..

i went to the doctors.i have had a stool test..bloot work...ultrasound..and where they put the scope down into your stomach..i had that too.they didnt find much.nothing to be concerned about..nothing...I saw a speicalist..I was dianogised with IBS..told to change diet..It was very hard too change diet..I am now..Ive noticed that when i dont eat..bread milk.i feel better..no many cramps..I also stopped drinking pop.which helped so so very much..if i dont eat too many carbs.its better..but even fruit can irritate it

i am so bloated.and crampy..its gotten better since change diet..but is it really IBS.. they saw no Ulcer in tests..it all started up in upper stomach

can anyone help or recommend something..is it really IBS or anything..thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
    overberg
    (male)

overberg HB User
    Re: IBS or is it. bloated gas cramping SIGH

MF i think you should accept that you have IBS.If in doubt get a second opinion.Your starting point is to watch your food intake and to experiment what may cause your IBS to flare up.Make sure that you become regular by way of bowel movements.
    In my case i avoid sugar,cheese and coffee.I am on a daily regime of honey,raisins,nuts and dates all in moderation.Under no circumstances have large meals.My intake of bread is always toasted and i have cooked oats in the morning and mixed cereal in the evening(in moderation)before retiring.For the rest i eat everything.
    I am human and when i break the rules i suffer.I avoid medication but those with pain should use pain killers in moderation,otherwise you will open up a constipation syndrome.Avoid stress it is just not worth it.
    Finally,rate yourself out of 10 and do so again in a months time.I am on 1 and have had IBS for 40 years.Be patient and go well.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
    Maximus Fig
    (male)

Maximus Fig HB User

Hey thanks for replying..i have researched quite a bit in the last few weeks..

I think the following supplaments are what ill try:

L-Glutamine
    Proboitics
    Fish Oil

anyone got advice on these what kind and mg or grams to get..thanks

Old 05-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
    nscrbug
    Veteran
    (female)

nscrbug HB User

I would certainly give the probiotics and fish oil a try. Probiotics generally don't have a "dosage" in mg/g....but rather the amount of live cultures, usually shown in the "billions" on most of the packages. You'll probably want to try and find one with several different strains of good bacteria. I hear the more, the better. You may find that you might have to use a little "trial & error" when it comes to finding a probiotic that works for you.

As for the fish oil...I take 1,200mg a day, but I use double-strength, coated (no fish burps) capsules. I just buy mine at the drugstore on sale.

I'm not quite sure about your reasoning for taking the L-glutamine. I was always under the impression that L-glutamine is an amino acid that is used mainly for muscle recovery after hard workouts. Not sure what that would have to do with IBS...but perhaps I'm missing something.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
    Maximus Fig
    (male)

Maximus Fig HB User

L-Glutamine is suppose to be very good for your gut.i did some research..it has some very promising effects.not only for people who workout or sports..but for IBS aswell..help repairing the lining of the gut..

Old 05-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #6
    nscrbug
    Veteran
    (female)

nscrbug HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maximus Fig View Post
    L-Glutamine is suppose to be very good for your gut.i did some research..it has some very promising effects.not only for people who workout or sports..but for IBS aswell..help repairing the lining of the gut..
    Hmm...very interesting. I didn't know that about L-glutamine. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Closed Thread