It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Frequent urination?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
    Octave
    (male)

Octave HB User
    Frequent urination?

I've had IBS for almost a year now, and when I got it I also go frequent urination.
    I read that it can sometimes accompany IBS.

My IBS was triggered after having a panic attack or something.

Can anyone else give me info about frequent urination in IBS or can relate with me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
    tammykinz
    (female)

tammykinz HB User
    Re: Frequent urination?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    I've had IBS for almost a year now, and when I got it I also go frequent urination.

Can anyone else give me info about frequent urination in IBS or can relate with me?
    I don't get frequent urination with my IBS BUT if I increase my water intake to help manage my IBS then I do get increase. Usually I don't drink enough water and so I don't go often. I can go many many hours without during the day but I find I have to wake once or twice in the night to go pee !!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
    Octave
    (male)

Octave HB User

Well I have to go more with the more water I drink.
    Sometimes it just goes right through my system, sometimes it doesn't.

I can sleep alright but by the time I wake up I pretty much have a full bladder and really need to go.

It's very clear ever since I started having frequent urination and IBS, but is more yellow with less water intake. When I wake up to go it's regular yellow.

Last edited by Octave; 10-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
    JimB
    (male)

JimB HB User

Frequent urination is not a common primary symptom of IBS. BTW urine should be nearly clear. Urine that is very yellow indicates insufficient fluid intake.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
    DVLJR
    (male)

DVLJR HB User

Frequent urination is a symptom related with IBS, just wanted to shed some light on that symptom to anyone who is experiencing it like I do.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
    TRAU57
    (male)

TRAU57 HB User

Octave - I was glad to see your post. I had panic attacks for many years, but they are largely under control now. I've had IBS for about the past 5 years. A year ago I started to have episodes of very frequent urination - sometimes once or twice an hour. Not much comes out, but it's very urgent. I've had every test the urologists can come up with and they all show nothing. They have tried all the medications that are commonly used, and none of them work (but they have nasty side effects). It's almost like my bladder is having anxiety attacks. It's much more of a problem when there are any stressors - meetings, classes - pretty much anytime it's inconvenient, such as driving in a car. Just in the past few weeks I started to wonder if it was connected to the IBS. Apparently that's a very real possibility. One thing that tends to confirm it is that this is NOT a problem at night. I rarely have to get up at night, unless I'm in a strange place, again where it is inconvenient.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
    flipfleury
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Octave View Post

Yes,I have frequent urination with my IBS. What makes matters worse is that I used to take Citrucell twice a day to help me keep my bowel movements soft and regular and I found the Citrucell makes the frequent urination worse for 2-3 hours after I take it. I have found that I can get along without the Citrucell twice a day as long as I eat a high fiber diet and drink enough water and make sure I have a bowel movement every day before I go to work so I don't get constipated which I do very easily.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
    Wolf4x4
    (male)

Wolf4x4 HB User

Hello all, i was browsing info on frequent urination with IBS and ended up here.

For a few years ive suffered with what i believe to be IBS (very gassy, bloated, difficulty going to the toilet) but when im having these "attacks" the main issue ive found is i have very frequent urination, when im in bed im fine but during the day is when i have issues, for a while i was very depressed thinking i would never be able to do anything with my life or reach my dream of joining the armed forces.

but....

Ive found the strangest method of prevention which i thought i would share in case anyone has similar symptoms to myself.
    Basically I started running for excercise and then noticed when i was running i felt ok, so i started pushing myself going out most evenings but the duration or intensity of excercise has to be enough to get that feeling of well being/light headedness (endorphine release).
    After this i would be fine for a few days without excercise then i would repeat the process, ive learned to avoid eating too much as "pigging out" generally sets it off along with cutting out certain herbs like Turmeric.

I ate quite unhealthily this weekend so i am suffering today but excercise tonight will sort it, im so confident of my improvement ive completed army selection and leave to start my training in september.

I understand that for a lot of you intense excercise may not be possible but i urge anyone with similar symptoms to give it a try just incase it works for you.
    Ive gone from suicidal to pretty happy with my life so i thought i would share my experience with you and hope it may help someone.

Closed Thread