It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• IBS Travel Concerns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
    uk_worried_guy
    (male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
    IBS Travel Concerns

Dear All,

So I have IBS (being treated with a mild anti-depressant!) and general exercise/lifestyle changes. My IBS manifests as frequently having to go to the loo (with some urgency) - lots of gas/acidity in the gut and cramps. When it flares-up it goes from D to C to D to C and gets very painful.

So... I'm just hoping for some words of support and encouragement. I've booked the trip of a lifetime on which I leave in about 4/5 wks from now. It's quite an intense trip which involves trekking and hiking in south east asia. IBS gets my energy levels down, but i'm hoping a change of scenery will perk me up.

I'm just really scared- to be honest- of the "what if it flares up" "what do i do when.." because at the moment, I am in the middle of a stress related flare-up and it's horrible- and it's making me worry about whether/not I should be travelling.

I'm booked in for an endoscope and colonoscopy tomorrow to make sure everything is where and how it should be.

Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread