It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• Someone please help a Sista out!! :/

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
    tmrj21706
    (female)

tmrj21706 HB User
    Someone please help a Sista out!! :/

So I was diagnosed with ibs. Had a scope last July doc said its colitis. Did nothing for it. Had a scope few month ago. New Gastro doc found polyp (remove all is well) and said I have chronic active gastritis and ibs. Whatever that means. Since then I have had problems with my colon. Stupid thing would nOT empty even though I would go 14 times a day or so!! My stomach would swell and hurt. X-rays showed it was completely full. It took 4 scope preps, mineral oil and milk of mag to get it to empty for my scope. Doc said take metamucil and eat fiber. I've been doing better about eating fiber and taking metamucil (when I can remember) stools are pretty much normal nothing like they were when colon was full. However I believe it's full again. Only because it hurts and I am really swollen again on my right side. Does this come with ibs or should I demand more testing?? They did a small bowel series a while back and it was ok. I don't know all I know is I'm miserable. I also have Fibro, high blood pressure, psvt, and have an EEG on Tuesday for nerve issues. Phew. I am a 30 year old female. Is this ibs? Will the metamucil fix this? Should I call my doc again???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread