It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• IBS W/ Frequent Urination?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
    alacoff
    (female)

alacoff HB User
    Exclamation IBS W/ Frequent Urination?

Hello!

This question and has been nagging at me for months now. I did make an appointment for my GP on Wednesday. I wanted to get to the bottom of my symptoms because it has been at least 3 months.

Anyways I was wondering how many you who have IBS suffer from frequent urination? and sorry to be explicit how does your bladder feel?

I don't have any pain and I don't wake up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom. I just get this pressure feeling in my abdomen/pelvic region and it feels like I have to pee. I tried to experiment cause lets face it going to the washroom every hour to hour and a half is annoying so I've been trying to not go washroom until at least 2-3 hours. It is uncomfortable but I can do it. I even lasted the whole night when the last time I went to the washroom was at 8pm and I slept at 1 am. I am worried that this might be ovarian cancer, even though I am only 18, and yes I do know cancer happens at all ages but at the same time it is a slim chance. Also I'm worried since it is going on with my colon symptoms which I have been told from other posts that it seems like IBS. I also worry that this is diabetes though the only symtopm I get is this; I am not excessively thristy. I also woke up two days ago with lower dull back pain that is still lasting, feels like an annoying muscle ache.

I also would like to ask if I should demand my GP to do the necessary tests? if I should, how should I do it? Last time I went to her in September I only had constipation symptoms and she told me to up my fiber intake and come back in a month if it persists. I didn't because I wanted to observe it since in the summer I kept coming back to her for a persistent cough that I thought was lung cancer. I was afraid that she would dismiss my worries like she did that time by taking at least two months to request an x-ray of my chest even though I asked for it the first time because it was "unecessary" (it was because the cough did go away in the beginnings of september but still if nothing was working from antibiotics to asthma inhaler I would think I would try to see if anything was wrong internally).

Last edited by alacoff; 12-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    frequent urination, ibs, ibs symptoms