It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board

• IBS and stress

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
    Njonnson
    (female)

Njonnson HB User
    IBS and stress

I am new to IBS. My doctor believes I have it, but still waiting on a colonoscopy to confirm that it isnt IBD. Ive read stress can make IBS flare up... My question is... does your IBS flare up even when not under any stress? Ive had on and off bouts of diahrrea in the past 6 months, abdominal cramps, and painful gas. Also have lost weight since the symptoms started. But Ive noticed that I get these "flare ups" even when I am not under any stress at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
    cheer up
    (female)

cheer up HB User
    Re: IBS and stress

I think it IS possible to have symptoms even when you don't THINK you are stressed. Just expecting or fearing a problem at times can cause you undue stress and create or worsen a problem.

I DO agree with those experts who think stress plays a huge part in IBS and that one not be under obvious stress to subconsciously FEEL stressed and worry about it.

Good luck -- try to relax -- I've just spent the past 10 days with off and on 'D' and can't figure out what caused it, though I've always had problems with intestinal issues AND I had to lose my gallbladder 10 years ago, another huge reason people have digestive issues even many years later. Nothing is more erratic than the digestive system -- chin up!

Closed Thread