It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board

What's the Weather Like There?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
babybongo
(female)

babybongo HB User
What's the Weather Like There?

We have had 20 below zero & almost 2 feet of snow in the Colorado rockies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
iAlmostDo
(female)

iAlmostDo HB User
Re: What's the Weather Like There?

West coast here. It was a high of 70degrees. Not bad for mid-January.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
noevr
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Central east coast it bounces all over but right now 30's at night and 50's at day

Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Laye
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Midwest...it's COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The longest winter ever!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
WhistleDixie
Inactive
(female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Southeast....Monday was low 60's with sunshine. Today's high was 39, but wind has steady dropped temperature throughout the day. I think we'll be in the teens tonight, which is COLD for my "neck of the woods", as Al says.

I L-O-V-E WINTER. We're sitting in front of a roaring fire (my fir babies and me). Oh, yea...my hubby's outside repairing a burst faucet/pipe. Bur-r-r-r=)

Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Legs11
(female)

Legs11 HB User

Cold and another snow storm. I don't mind. I'm in the warm, fire and tv on, hot tea and just relaxing! Perfect time of year to be recovering from surgery. Stay warm!

Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
mommyfix
(female)

mommyfix HB User

Polar vortex here in Southern Ontario. It is supposed to be minus 35 celsius tonight with the wind chill. That's roughly minus 31 Fahrenheit so we feel your pain. Unfortunately I am not a lover of winter and am so done with this. It has been frigid for weeks. Coldest winter here than I can remember in a long time.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
Rosebud51
(female)

Rosebud51 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybongo View Post
We have had 20 below zero & almost 2 feet of snow in the Colorado rockies!
In New Jersey we got over 15 inches, and temps -2 to -8. You have to layer down from head to toe. This has been the coldest winter for us in years. I got the fire going, and cuddling with my honey. My dog Lita a pom/chih has a sheep skin coat. I need to shop for some booties. I got my uggs that keep my feet toasty warm. We are expecting more snow on sat. not looking forward to that. You just want to stay home when the temps are @ minus degrees. I walk to work so they call me the snow woman bundled from head to toe no frost bite for me. Everyone stay warm.and put a hat on VIP heat will not escape.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #9
Laye
Veteran
(female)

This is a wretched winter..more school closings in our future. The weather is so extreme lately I will admit...I can't tell what I dislike more...the heat or the frigid cold. At least I can breathe in the cold..but the heat makes me crazier I think.

Polar Vortex can take hike..really sick of hearing about it.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
Laye
Veteran
(female)

That's cold. Stay warm...it's going to be like that on Monday for us. It's warmer in Alaska right now...who would have thought? But that's good because usually that means that air will move south and east...hopefully.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
gourdgrower
(female)

gourdgrower HB Usergourdgrower HB Usergourdgrower HB Usergourdgrower HB Usergourdgrower HB Usergourdgrower HB User

I really feel for all my cold weather friends and family. I almost don't want to report the 80 degree days and high fifties at night. My sunflowers are almost ready to bloom again, and surfs up.

I live in San Diego, bless all of you fighting the freezing temperatures all across the nation.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #12
MissLooLou23
(female)

MissLooLou23 HB User

Well here on my little island I live on we have had strong winds ranging from 50mph to 80mph and flooding for the past 2 weeks.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
WhistleDixie
Inactive
(female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Oh, my...is your homestead safe from the water levels? We lived in the MS Delta for 20 years and experienced our house flooded with 4 feet of water, just days before Christmas. I don't wish that experience on anyone=(

Our weather is blustery, humid and stormy...We've been under a Thunderstorm Watch all day...straight line winds up to 60 mph. Uncharacteristic for us in February, but this winter has been anything but normal on the southern front.

Stay safe everybody...no matter the weather conditions where you are=)

Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #14
Pwner
(male)

Pwner HB User

East Coast USA here, very nice cool weather, around 40 degrees and this morning I woke up to a thin blanket of snow on top of the grass and the sidewalks. A lot of the snow melted during the afternoon though so now I'm mostly greeted with a lot of green grass and only very few snow.

Took a walk outside today and it felt nice. It calmed me down a bit to walk outside and observe nature.

Hope you are all feeling well today.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #15
Rosebud51
(female)

Rosebud51 HB User

We had spring weather last week in the 50's. Now the vortex is back........it was very cold today 32, but felt like -8. The wind was kicking brrrr it even snowed just a dusting. Now more snow on the way. I am so tired of it fell on black ice two times last week. Just sore thank god no broken bones. Plus my town is out of salt so its bad news again. I hope everyone is okay, and staying warm.

Closed Thread