It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Is there a way to deal with family history and genetic risk for kidney stones?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
    ankit09
    (male)

ankit09 HB User
    Unhappy Is there a way to deal with family history and genetic risk for kidney stones?

After CT scan, Intravenous pyelogram and X-rays, it was found that a stone was 4.5 mm which stuck in ureter on right side. I was operated by uteroscopy with laser lithotripsy. The doctor had put the stent and discharged me to home with medications. The stone was made up of Calcium oxalate (90%) along with urate and cystine. I further visited hospitals for routine checkups. I had my stent removed after 4 weeks of operation. The doctor advised me to drink plenty of fluids and have some dietary restrictions. I was discharged with antibiotics, painkillers and anti-oxalate medicines.
    I am looking to have recommended lifestyle. But still how would I save myself to have such horrible tragedies again? As kidney stones can develop further involving a genetic risk and family history.

The following user gives a hug of support to ankit09:
    movielover40 (09-23-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Is there a way to deal with family history and genetic risk for kidney stones?

I have read that drinking lemonade regularly will help. Something about it being acidic stops the stones from forming

Closed Thread

Tags
    family history, genetics, stones