It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• How best to reduce BUN levels

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
    petefig
    (male)

petefig HB User
    How best to reduce BUN levels

I am 61, have one kidney and looking for natural ways to reduce my BUN level.

As of my last blood test, my BUN was 40, up from 35 previously. My eGFR was 61, was 55 before and my creatinine was 1.27, was 1.37 before. So my eGFR and creatinine numbers were improved, but I am worried about my BUN. I was told to drink more and I do drink about 10-11 glasses/day.

When I look online about reducing BUN, it mentions along with staying hydrated to watch protein intake. I am eating about 70-80 grams/protein per day. I exercise, am 5ft 10" weigh 150lbs.

Does anyone know of any herbs or supplements that may lower BUN?
    I was reading about a product called Renadyl, it costs $50/month not sure if it would be effective.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: How best to reduce BUN levels

Stay away from herbs and supplements unless your doctor recommends them; supplements are not FDA approved and you do not know what you are taking. They can actually cause liver damage.

The only natural way to lower your BUN is to drink water- ALOT of water! Drink all day long, carry a water bottle with you and sip from it. Guzzling it won't do the trick as your body will simply flush it out. Drink throughout the day.

Reply Reply