It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Lasix for Kidney Failure?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-26-2020, 02:48 AM   #1
    KateH2b1
    (female)

KateH2b1 HB User
    Question Lasix for Kidney Failure?

I was told that my grandmother is in kidney failure and dying (hours to days). This came about very suddenly. She supposedly had kidney issues for years that was overlooked. She must not have known because I never heard anything about it. She just had blood work a few months ago.

I was told by her DIL (my aunt) that she was on Lasix. It's unclear whether she was on Lasix and then went into kidney failure or if the Lasix came after. She supposedly has edema. It's hard to say because she's overweight and laying in bed. Her left hand definitely has it, but maybe that's because she's dying?

I'm just wondering if she should've beeen taking Lasix or if the Lasix could've sent her into kidney failure? I know it's not supposed to be given to cats with kidney disease, so I'm trying to understand what's going on here.

Additionally, she had complained earlier this year of left sided back pain. She also said the pain was on her left side. She described it as it feeling like a bowling ball rolling into her side. The doctors attributed the back pain to a botched back surgery from a few years ago. Now I'm wondering if it could've been her kidneys. She had tests done (blood work, xrays, and an ultrasound, I think) and if something was going on with her kidneys it was either missed or no one told her. Any thoughts?

Please don't tell me what you think I need to hear, I want the truth. At the very least, I want to be able to learn from this experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Lasix for Kidney Failure?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KateH2b1 View Post
    I was told that my grandmother is in kidney failure and dying (hours to days).
    Hi Kate. Sorry about your grandmother! News like that is heartbreaking!

Quote:
    I woke up to find that my Grandma had pooped in her diaper and it had gotten all in her lady parts. I gave her a bath right away,
    You were truly there for your Grandma. She was lucky to have a caring, loving granddaughter there to care for her!

Quote:
    Please don't tell me what you think I need to hear, I want the truth. At the very least, I want to be able to learn from this experience.
    There are no medical professionals here, only fellow patients and their caregivers. We also don't have access to her medical records, xrays, tests, history, etc. Your best source of information is from her doctors. Have you thought about asking them if there is anything more that they can do for your grandmother?

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply