It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• just not the same since kidney stone....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2004, 07:43 PM   #1
    locca
    (female)

locca HB User
    Question just not the same since kidney stone....

Hi everyone...

I've got a couple questions/concerns for anyone that can help me...

I've had "unexplained" pelvic pain for a few years now. I've been to the gyno and stomach doctors and done many tests, including exploratory surgery a year ago, and no answer. I was diagnosed with my first kidney stones about a year ago, and I'm wondering if this pelvic pain is related to the stones. The pain is very intense at sparatic moments. It's not like the pain I felt when I was diagnosed with my kidney stones, but it has gotten me thinking that it might be related. Can anyone help or relate to this?

My second concern is that ever since I've had my first (known) kidney stones, my kidneys hurt at some point just about every day. I feel like it's the onset of another one, but it never gets to the "i think i'm going to die" point. The pain happens in my back, lower side stomach, and sometimes when I urinate...and it ranges in all degrees: short, long, dull, and sharp. I haven't established a pattern of the pain, although I should start keeping record of it. I don't know what to think, if there is something more serious going on or what?!?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 06:29 AM   #2
    heitara
    (female)

heitara HB User
    Re: just not the same since kidney stone....

Hi jocca, I've been having kidney stones for the past three years and I formed and passed more than one.
    I wouldn't worry, if I were you, especially since you had tests and have been followed from a doctor. What I think about your discomfort, which is very similar to what I often experience, is that it might be the so called "gravel" passing through your urethra. It means a number of tiny, not so painful stones that are leaving your body.
    Are you following a diet and drinking a lot of fluids during the day? Let me know how is going but don't worry...anxiety doesn't help the discomfort

Old 08-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
    Jack51
    Inactive

Jack51 HB User

Locca, all I know is that I had a frightful stone 20 years ago, and that kidney has never been the same. The pain is always the same though. When it happens, it feels swollen, like there is not enough room in there for it. It also has a dull, and sometimes burning ache. You need to drink cranberry juice regularly! Some folks drink a tablespoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water twice/day for the kidneys and urinary tract.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:18 AM   #4
    locca
    (female)

locca HB User

i was told by my doctor that cranberry juice didn't do anything, just make you constipated (or give you diahrrea? don't remember which) i was just told to drink lots and lots of water.

i went in for a med check and mentioned that my kidneys hurt pretty much every day. they did a urine test, and no stone. she was felling around on my back and she said that my lower back was pretty messed up and that i should go to physcial therapy. she said that my muscles in my back could be causing my pelvic pain (that i've had for years might i add) seems a little strange to me.

anywho, i guess you just learn to live with it.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #5
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jack51
    Locca, all I know is that I had a frightful stone 20 years ago, and that kidney has never been the same. The pain is always the same though. When it happens, it feels swollen, like there is not enough room in there for it. It also has a dull, and sometimes burning ache. You need to drink cranberry juice regularly! Some folks drink a tablespoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water twice/day for the kidneys and urinary tract.
    Since March I've had a uti and kidney stone that's been in my kidney now since 1/01. They crushed it by Litho just two weeks ago. Before I had all this burning in my lower stomach/adominal area, sometimes in the bladder. When I went back to the Uro this past Monday, I told him I still feel that at times and he said that I had no infection but according to the xrays, I might still have 1 cm of stone left in my right kidney. Anyways, he told me to drink alot of water to try to wash that one out, but it also could be gas or food, so they were confused with the xray. I have a ct in 6 weeks. Hopefully the stone will be gone, but what I'm asking here, I guess is that the burning feeling I get, is that my kidney?

Andrea

Old 09-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #6
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by locca
    i was told by my doctor that cranberry juice didn't do anything, just make you constipated (or give you diahrrea? don't remember which) i was just told to drink lots and lots of water.

i went in for a med check and mentioned that my kidneys hurt pretty much every day. they did a urine test, and no stone. she was felling around on my back and she said that my lower back was pretty messed up and that i should go to physcial therapy. she said that my muscles in my back could be causing my pelvic pain (that i've had for years might i add) seems a little strange to me.

anywho, i guess you just learn to live with it.
    Locca, back again. About the pelvis pain and back problems, it can happen. When I had my car accident, I diffused a disk all the way at the bottom of my spine. I use to get horrible pelvic pain so it can happen. I would check out your back just in case, never know. Also, Ihave a hydrosalpinx (fluid in my ovarian tubes, etc.) and that can cause pelvic pain too. So who knows, LOL so many things cause pelvic pain. My concern related to the kidney, is once you've had stones in them for so long, doesn't it cut it up a bit. Maybe this is why we feel pain and burning. What do you think?

Andrea

Old 09-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
    Fannie Yoder1

Fannie Yoder1 HB User

Pease read my message to Tyler7 about kidney stones. [ e*mail request removed ] There is plenty more info I have. It's just that its late{early?] and we just got home from another trip to the hospital for more aganizing kidney stones. Thank you.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-04-2004 at 08:22 AM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails.

Closed Thread