It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• BUN & Creatnine; how much is too much?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #16
    winter05
    (female)

winter05 HB User
    Re: BUN & Creatnine; how much is too much?

I'm so glad you're tests are all coming out normal. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #17
    mightymat
    (male)

mightymat HB User
    Talking Re: BUN & Creatnine; how much is too much?

dear dgo1223,

Creatnine levels and BUN levels can be explained better if you go on the NKF (National kidney Foundation) website. Its a great website it will be able to let you know what is normal and what you need to know. It help me alot with my son. He started getting tested for his Creatnine and BUN long ago because he has lupus. I found alot of information on line.

Let me know how it works out.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #18
    DGO1223
    Inactive
    (female)

DGO1223 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mightymat
    dear dgo1223,

Creatnine levels and BUN levels can be explained better if you go on the NKF (National kidney Foundation) website. Its a great website it will be able to let you know what is normal and what you need to know. It help me alot with my son. He started getting tested for his Creatnine and BUN long ago because he has lupus. I found alot of information on line.

Let me know how it works out.
    Thanks, I will keep you posted. I am going for more bloodwork in a couple of weeks, and will see how that goes. I don't actually see the Neph again until August, unless of course this bloodwork shows something unusual.

One thing I cannot figure out, though, is why he told me to keep orange juice and bannanas to only once a week, if that. Now I know those are high in potassium, but there are other foods that are as high or higher in potassium. Does that make any sense? I will ask him when I see him again in August.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #19
    cheryl38
    (female)

cheryl38 HB User

hi there
    i was just diagnsed with high creatinine levels and bun was high.im going to a nephrolist on the 31st of may i was wondering myself why is mine high.i have high blood pressure im on medication for that i take micardis 80mg/12.5 mg and i just started taking a chloestral medicine called tricor coud it be my medicine my blood pressure pill has a dirutic in it

Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 AM   #20
    DGO1223
    Inactive
    (female)

DGO1223 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cheryl38
    hi there
    i was just diagnsed with high creatinine levels and bun was high.im going to a nephrolist on the 31st of may i was wondering myself why is mine high.i have high blood pressure im on medication for that i take micardis 80mg/12.5 mg and i just started taking a chloestral medicine called tricor coud it be my medicine my blood pressure pill has a dirutic in it
    Hi Cheryl,
    Do you know what your numbers are? When you see your Dr. check back with us here and let us know how it turns out.
    Hopefully it is just a side effect of your med.

Old 06-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #21
    bellsa

bellsa HB User

I have had a kidney transplant ~2.5 yrs. I was on dialysis 2.5 yrs prior. When my kidneys failed (polycystic) my creatin climbed to 8 then dialysis. Currently its 1.6, with my new kidney, which my doctor said is good. I know that 1 is normal. All can tell you is that you have a long way to go before you should worry.

Old 06-24-2005, 04:58 AM   #22
    Dee77
    (female)

Dee77 HB User

Nenad, my creatine and bun are in normal range but gfr test showed kidneys functioning at a 2. I had a sed rate done and that was normal. If that was normal would a ana test still show something?doc was going to do this test and just seems like I have been blow out the window at the clininc. my ureters are dilated and no one knows why. found this after a ct scan with contrast.

Closed Thread