It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• High Potassium, stones connection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
    joy32225
    (female)

joy32225 HB User
    High Potassium, stones connection?

Hi,
    I am new to this board. It took some real pain to make me search...what my symptoms are follows and I am hoping to find someone with similar circumstances to help me to have a better understanding.

For over one year now my blood work has come back with very high potassium, meaning that my kidneys may not be doing the work to excrete the excessive potassium. I'm told this is equally as dangerous as to low of potassium and can cause heart problems. I am now scheduled to see a nephorologist on 9/12. I woke up yesterday a.m barely able to move my back (lower right around then kidney area hurt so bad) I am now on day 2 of pain and there is no blood in urine, no fever, just solid pain. My questions are could this be stones? I did have a couple of drinks the night before and I am wondering if the alcohol could of caused the pain or could this be related to the high potassium or could it be nothing? IMO pain does mean something.

I appreciate any insight.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #2
    Pamela20
    (female)

Pamela20 HB User
    Re: High Potassium, stones connection?

Have you ever had kidney stones before?

Closed Thread