It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Peeling scar tissue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
    BIBRI
    (female)

BIBRI HB User
    Peeling scar tissue?

I'm not sure if I am in the right place - please feel free to tell me so.

I have been in and out of the hospital for about amonth now. Currenlty I am just waking up from the last round of pain medications given to me in the Er on Thursday night.

Each time I go in, they focus on everything BUT my kidneys - saying that if it were a kidney problem, it would show in my urine. But here is the thing - it never did when I was small.

I had surgery on my kidneys at age 6 and spent years trying to find out what was going on - now the surgeon who did the surgery had "lost" my records.

A few years back I learned that my kidneys had scar tissue on them and one Er doc told me that it appeared to be peeling and causing pain.

Has anyone here ever experienced peeling tissue in the kidney? I am trying to find out if this could again be the source of my pain - but dont know the lingo or anything to get anyone to take me seriously!! Its all so frsutrating. Lately I just feel like the pain is all in my head - since no one can tell what what IS wrong - ARGH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
    friendly_one
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

friendly_one HB User
    Re: Peeling scar tissue?

Hi Bibri...I sort of have a similiar problem. This is kind of graphic, so I apologize in advance. I have kidney stones (alot, I'm over 300+ stones now). This has been going on for over 26 years. By the way, I'm 34. Anyway, I will start with the least graphic one. When I pass a stone (urinate it out), sometimes there is a layer of skin covering the whole thing. I know, pretty nasty, huh? Well, I have to "peel" the skin covering off to reveal the whole stone. It makes me wonder if the stone is tearing the inside of the kidney to shreds and becoming entangeled in the stone. It makes sense to me. Anyway, the next part is a little graphic. I think the stone is becoming entangeled in a blood clot and tissue from the kidney. I peel the blood and tissue away from the stone as much as I can (good thing I have long finger nails...I know, too much information). LOL

Anyway, take the stone to be analyzed by a urologist to see what the composition is. If you know the compo, there is a higher chance of you avoiding the compounds that created the stone in the first place. Your doc can give you all the info. But one thing is for sure, you MUST pound the water down on a daily basis to keep the kidneys flushed. A good rule of thumb is to remember....drink at least 16 fluid ounces (of water) with every meal. And begin the meal with an 8 ounce glass of water. That way, you have already knocked down 24 ounces of water with little effort. Do that 3 times a day, and that's 72 ounces of water! Try to get 100 ounces of pure water a day. It will take some time to get to that amount, but keep working on it. I'm sure you don't EVER want to feel the pain of kidney stone as long as you live, right?

To give you some inspiriation, please read my story "newbie here, but familiar extremely with kidney stones".My case is a very, very , rare case. But when it comes to kidney stones, I am the queen. Hence the screen name, kstone_queen.

Well, sorry this was so long. Have a great night and I look forward to your future posts!! Take care

Last edited by friendly_one; 02-18-2006 at 09:05 PM.

Closed Thread