It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Could this be a kidney infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
    TabethaC
    (female)

TabethaC HB User
    Could this be a kidney infection?

I've been having on again off again pain on both sides of my lower stomach. And some pressure. More specifically on my right side. I also noticed that the pain and a bit of pressure is going down my right leg. Not the whole leg but just the upper half. I've also been having to pee a lot today. I just went not even a half hour ago and I already have to pee again. And I'm not even drinking more than I normally do. Though there is not blood in the urine nor am I running a fever.

I think I'll call the health care place here on campus tomorrow to see if they can test for this there. What exactly do they do to test for a kidney/bladder infection? Just test the urine?

I'm hoping they can do this here on campus cause if they don't I'll have to wait till at least Fruday to get in to see a regular doctor cause I have finals all this coming week till Thursday.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Tabbi <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #2
    TabethaC
    (female)

TabethaC HB User
    Re: Could this be a kidney infection?

Well I got an appointment for 3:20pm today to get it checked. Wish me luck!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
    madejade
    (female)

madejade HB User

How did you make out? From what you described it almost sounds like a UTI. The pain in the leg though is unusual.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
    TabethaC
    (female)

TabethaC HB User

Ok. I'm back from the health center and they tested my pee and I had a high count of white blood cells which I guess indicates that there is something there. Everything else is normal but they are going to send it out to have a culture test to test it further. Is this normal?

She also said that my blood pressure was too high and she wants me to come back on Thursday to get it checked again. She said it could be just stress but that its too high.

Just freakin lovely.

But anyway she did give me some antibiotics to take in the mean time. At least they fill the prescriptions there.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
    madejade
    (female)

madejade HB User

Hey Tabetha
    I went to the doctors last week for what I thought was a UTI also. The doctor said I had some bacteria in my urine and started me on Cipro. My bladder hurt so bad all week long. She called me on Thursday and said that I can stop the Cipro because my analysis came back normal. She said I was probably passing another stone and sure enough I passed a really weird stone and than another little one after that.

I have noticed through reading these messages people leave that a lot of people have symptoms of UTI's and than everything comes back normal. It's kind of weird.

Good Luck and hopefully you will feel better soon :-)

Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #6
    TabethaC
    (female)

TabethaC HB User

So you had to have a culture test done too?

I don't know why I'm so worried about this. I hate doctors, I hate their offices. Everything about them.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
    madejade
    (female)

madejade HB User
    Smile Re: Could this be a kidney infection?

I guess....I guess she dipped the urine for bacteria when I went in to see her and then sent it out for further testing. She said that she wanted me on Cipro to prevent the infection from going into my kidney. I had a kidney infection and the bacteria spilled into my bloodstream a few years back (all due to a kidney stone blocking my ureter). I ended up in the hospital for a week and then home with a picc line (IV line implanted in my armpit for home IV antibiotics) for several more weeks. That was the sickest I have ever been in my life. I had fevers of 104 degrees. I really thought I was gonna die. They call it "Sepsis" when that happens. My daughter was 14 days old at the time. Thats why I am a freak about this whole kidney stone thing. I know how bad it can be and so do a lot of people who leave messages on these boards.

It's good that you caught it early. UTI's hurt and can potentially be bad if not treated. Good luck...keep me posted.

Closed Thread