It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Has anyone passed multiple stones on both sides?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
    coqui
    (female)

coqui HB User
    Has anyone passed multiple stones on both sides?

I've passed multiple kidney stones from both my left and right kidney in the past 5 years. The weird thing is that if I am passing a stone of my right side it HURTS and I can definately tell it's a kidney stone. BUT if I am passing a stone on my left side I usually mistake it for bad gas because it really doesn't hurt too bad and I don't even know I am passing a stone until I actually pee it out. And they are usually pretty good sized stones...at least 5 mm. Anyone else notice that one side hurts more or less than the other?? I'm not really sure why it's like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
    Goldie_Locks_5
    (female)

Goldie_Locks_5 HB User
    Re: Has anyone passed multiple stones on both sides?

During my pregnancy I had stones on both my left and right. The right came first- and the pain was unbearable for 2 days straight - I was hospitalized during that time and on a morphine drip every 5 minutes- otherwise I was throwing up with pain.

Then when the stones came on the left side- I landed in the hospital- but the pain left within a few hours -even though I never passed them.

Strange!

I still have the stones in the left- and a stent thank God, so I"m not in any pain right now- neeed litho before the stent gets removed....

Who knows why one side is more painful- I never thought about it until reading your post!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
    duzford
    Inactive
    (female)

duzford HB User

You have to look at the complete anatomy to understand why left hurts more then right. The body is not as symettrical as it appears from the outside and there are more organs stuffed into the right side then on the left. Also in most people the left kidney is lower so the stone has less space to travel. Believe it or not - it also depends on wether you are left FOOTED or right FOOTED. Most right handed people and right FOOOTED people and put more pressure on the right side of the body. The easies way to check is to look at the soles of your shoes and see if there is more wear on the right one then on the left.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
    duzford
    Inactive
    (female)

duzford HB User

I used to work for a chiro and he taught about left and right footed people.

Closed Thread