It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Any way to know if I passed the stone, or could I have missed it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
    drub
    (male)

drub HB User
    Any way to know if I passed the stone, or could I have missed it?

I went to the ER with extreme pain in the right Kidney, they said I had a 4MM stone that was passing, and was currently very close to the entrance of the bladder(this was one week ago). before I left the ER the pain had subsided and I have only had a couple of medium aches in my kidney area. My question now is if I had a 4MM stone is it possible I passed it while urinating without even knowing, or am I kidding myself becuase currently there is no pain? I am male by the way, so in my mine I can't see how its possible to pass a 4MM object without feeling some pretty good discomfort as it leave my body.

anyway, here to hoping I could have passed it without knowing :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
    hopesprings2
    Inactive
    (female)

hopesprings2 HB User
    Re: Any way to know if I passed the stone, or could I have missed it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drub View Post
    I went to the ER with extreme pain in the right Kidney, they said I had a 4MM stone that was passing, and was currently very close to the entrance of the bladder(this was one week ago). before I left the ER the pain had subsided and I have only had a couple of medium aches in my kidney area. My question now is if I had a 4MM stone is it possible I passed it while urinating without even knowing, or am I kidding myself becuase currently there is no pain? I am male by the way, so in my mine I can't see how its possible to pass a 4MM object without feeling some pretty good discomfort as it leave my body.

anyway, here to hoping I could have passed it without knowing :-)
    I passed some that size in the same place.It was very small peices.Yes you should strain and check to see if flakes or peices come out.It took me about 2 weeks to get it out.drink lots of water.Ionly had mild cramping.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #3
    marcie23
    (female)

marcie23 HB User

How does a stone break into pieces?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:16 AM   #4
    duzford
    Inactive
    (female)

duzford HB User

It is possible to pass one that big without knowing it - even if you are male. Usually once it hits the bladder it passes within 48 hours. A stone may be pointed or tapered so is not 4MM all the way around. I passed a 7 the other day that was only about 1.5 mm wide. The measure stones from their biggest points. Think of a grain of rice. If a grain of rice comes out sideways you can pass that. If it were a 4mm ball bearing, maybe not. I "consult" with one of the guys on my job as he was passing a stone. He had a 5 mm and he didn't even know it when it came out. Has your urine changed color at all?

Marcie stones have air in them - they can be crushed by normal human mucle contractions or dissolved by some sort of chemical or acid in your body that fights to destroy it. Alas, unless you know what it is made off it is hard to get the chemical in there but lemon juice and lime juice seem to have a lot of the propertiies necessary to dissolve the more common stones (calcium).

Old 10-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
    marcie23
    (female)

marcie23 HB User

That's good info. (none of my dr's explained this). Thank you.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
    Shellipoo
    (female)

Shellipoo HB User

Yes you can pass one without finding it. I passed my first one and never did find it....

Old 10-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
    Shellipoo
    (female)

Shellipoo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marcie23 View Post
    How does a stone break into pieces?
    Some stones are very easy to crush...just touch them and they fall apart. Others are hard as a rock! I have both kinds....

Closed Thread