It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Frequent urination

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
    rsqshlt
    (female)

rsqshlt HB User
    Frequent urination

I am a Type 2 diabetic and my blood sugars have been in a good range for quite some time now, but lately I've been urinating quite frequently -- about 15 times a day. It's not large amounts, but it's not just drips and drabs either. I had a kidney removed due to cancer in December, but the cancer had not spread beyond the kidney. The other kidney is supposedly functioning fine the last time we checked about 2 months ago. Could this be a problem with the diabetes or a kidney problem or what? I don't feel any burning or irritation and the color is clear to light yellow. I'm not drinking a bunch of water or anything, but an example is that this morning I had 2 - 12oz. cans of caffeine free diet coke in about a 4 hour period and went to the bathroom about 7 times. I don't get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, so it's not keeping me awake. Just concerned about what might be going on. Should I make an appt with my doc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
    flowergirl2day
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
    Re: Frequent urination

Frequent urination is a very common symptom. In a diabetic person, the disease itself can cause these symptoms. Frequent urination can result from diabetic neuropathy affecting the bladder, diabetic ketoacidosis, bladder or urinary tract disorders or infection, certain kidney conditions, certain drugs, drinking too much fluid, caffeine or alcohol. It is a symptom of many diseases and disorders. It can be completely harmless, or not.

I think a visit to your doctor's office is advisable, given your diabetes and loss of one kidney. You need frequent kidney monitoring.
    flowergirl

Closed Thread