It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Silent Kidney stones

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
    William1997
    (male)

William1997 HB User
    Silent Kidney stones

Hi

I知 new to the board and have some questions. I had a kidney stone 16 years ago and never had any follow up. Things have gone well until recently when I had pain on my left side with burning in my urethra. I was eventually diagnosed with prostatitis and treated. The urologist also found three kidney stones on ct and ultrasound on the opposite side. I知 not having any pain, but I am going crazy with worry. He is doing all the right test like 24 hour urine, but I値l still afraid of the pain that will eventually come. Does any one know how long silent stones can stay in the kidney? I know I should go about my life, but I知 paranoid to schedule any trips or travel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
    Re: Silent Kidney stones

I always have kidney stones on both sides and my Urologist told me that when I travel, to always go someplace that has a hospital; in other words, don't go on an African Safari. I went 10 years at some point with many stones and no problems from them. I know it's scary to make any plans when you know you have stones, but try not to worry. I'm so used to having them that I just tell myself to go to the ER if necessary. My Urologist has me get a KUB xray twice a year to see how my stones are doing. Hope everything works out for you. You can pm me if you need someone to talk to.

Closed Thread