It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Weird Symptoms...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
    Re: Weird Symptoms...

Yummy food? walking? hint hint lol

What is your understanding of intra-abdominal pressure? Would lifting increase that and when that is done doesn't the blood go squishing up into the chest and into the heart through major arteries perhaps the wrong direction, especially with very heavy weight?

I know you are not doing that now so that is good. Have a nice day! :smile:

Last edited by sjb; 10-18-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #17
    Daniel93
    (male)

Daniel93 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjb View Post
    Yummy food? walking? hint hint lol

What is your understanding of intra-abdominal pressure? Would lifting increase that and when that is done doesn't the blood go squishing up into the chest and into the heart through major arteries perhaps the wrong direction, especially with very heavy weight?

I know you are not doing that now so that is good. Have a nice day! :smile:
    Again, walking is out due to my genetic condition. (It causes the production of faulty collagen that eventually leads to joint breakdown. Now it's very painful to walk more than a block or two or to stand for any decent amount of time.) Trust me, I'd love to be able to run, jump, and excercise but my body just can't take it.

Yes, intraabdominal pressures will rise, along with intracranial pressures whenever you strain. (The technical term is called a "Valsalva Manouever". Think of straining on the toilet...) These mainly happen when you hold your breath to lift or do anything. That's why it's VERY important to always breathe when lifting or exercising. This reduces this pressure.

I doubt that your scenario of the regurgitation of blood into the heart would happen. That would have to be some very serious amount of backpressure to do that. It probably COULD happen, but would it? I kinda doubt it.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #18
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel93 View Post
    Again, walking is out due to my genetic condition. (It causes the production of faulty collagen that eventually leads to joint breakdown. Now it's very painful to walk more than a block or two

I have seen the physical therapists take patients across the room or even simply to a chair for exercise I consider a block or two good for starters to tolerance. Then of course as a person improves a bit maybe they could go just a few feet more until they have a 20 minute walk time after each meal. A short walk is good. Of course it is always your choice. I just thought maybe you might feel better in the future if you make some simple short steps now.

or to stand for any decent amount of time.) Trust me, I'd love to be able to run, jump, and excercise but my body just can't take it.

I am not talking about running or jumping and of course only what you can take.

Yes, intraabdominal pressures will rise, along with intracranial pressures whenever you strain. (The technical term is called a "Valsalva Manouever". Think of straining on the toilet...) These mainly happen when you hold your breath to lift or do anything. That's why it's VERY important to always breathe when lifting or exercising.

When lifting weights are serious mistakes ever made in how the breathing is done? Did you ever feel palpitations during the lifting 10 years ago?

This reduces this pressure.

I doubt that your scenario of the regurgitation of blood into the heart would happen. That would have to be some very serious amount of backpressure to do that. It probably COULD happen, but would it? I kinda doubt it.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #19
    Daniel93
    (male)

Daniel93 HB User

Because this is a genetic condition and the nature of it, the more damage I do to my joints, the worse they get. My body doesn't rebuild and repair itself like yours or anyone else's does. That's why I really can't. My geneticist said I either stay on the floor as an RN or I keep my joints. My choice. Not too difficult...

Honestly, I don't think any of my symptoms or health issues have anything to do with exercise or lack thereof.

Absolutely serious things can happen by not breathing. You can have an aneurysm or a brain bleed by raising the ICP from not breathing. It happens much more often than you might think. Search on it in a search engine and you'll see what I mean.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi In your weight lifting days did you ever have chest pain or heaviness?

Closed Thread