It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Sound like a kidney infection? Does it sound serious?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
    thatcreepygirl
    (female)

thatcreepygirl HB User
    Exclamation Sound like a kidney infection? Does it sound serious?

I'm 18, female, and in good physical health other than being slightly underweight. Lately (like the past few weeks), I have had back pain in the middle about where your kidneys are, and it wraps around the sides. Fells kind of like, a deep ache... It is tender to touch. I don't really have burning when I pee, but there is hesitancy (5 seconds or less) between the time I am trying to go, and when the pee actually starts flowing. I don't feel like I need to go all the time. Urine is cloudy sometimes. Also noticed I have been waking up to pee.
    I have also had : mid to lower (mostly lower) abdominal pain, fatigue, and excessive sleep like 10-13 hours a night. The worst symptom seems to be the back pain.
    The other night I was drinking a bit. Not alot, but I did have a buzz for a little while. It was like 2-3 shots of whiskey. After my buzz was gone, this back pain got much worse. Worse than it had been the whole time since I noticed it.
    No matter what I tried to do I could not distract myself from this pain. I couldn't help but worry about it. It hurt to sit in any position. I asked someone there if I was running a fever and they said no. When I got home, I took my temperature and it was almost 100. It was fluctuating a little, but it stayed around 99.5 which is a little high for me (I usually run about 97.5) I drank some water and took a shower and my temp went down to 98.7...

Today I woke up too late to go to a doctor, but I took my temp and it was normal (97.4) so I decided not to go to ER. Tonight, it is just a little high (98.8)
    but I still have the back pain right where my kidneys are located, and it hurts when area is touched.

Does it sound serious? Does this sound like a kidney infection? If so, acute or chronic? I would like to hear from people with personal experience, but any info is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
    Cora1003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
    Re: Sound like a kidney infection? Does it sound serious?

Sorry, but the symptoms are too vague. It could be an infection, but it could be stones too. You need to see the doc.

Closed Thread