It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Born with 3 Kidneys left with only one and SEVERE KIDNEY STONES

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2014, 02:52 AM   #1
    Bnwit3kidneyz
    (female)

Bnwit3kidneyz HB User
    Unhappy Born with 3 Kidneys left with only one and SEVERE KIDNEY STONES

Hi ..I am new here (first post actually) I have all this im my profile but .. it is worth repeating . I will do my best to make it short as possible .. I was born with 3 kidneys (2L and 1R).. my 2 left kidneys was connected to an internal bladder (yes I was born with two bladders also one inside the other) .. at approximately 7 weeks old, they removed the 2 (dead) left kidneys they died due to no hole in bladder to drain out of my body .. which in turn blocked my right kidney from draining properly (which damaged my right kidney evem made it a different shape than normal) into my external bladder which external bladder had a hole to drain from my body... I have had a lifetime of SEVERE REACCURING UTI's ... and bk in 2000 I was diagnosed with my first of now 14 years of many many many kidneys stones .. my body NEVER STOPS MAKING STONES!!! ... I have had two stone removal surgeries .. Many many lythrotripsies (sp) and they have tested my stones and I also have this white mucus type stuff that I also pass when I go tinkle . Which the doctors do not know what my stones or the mucus is made up of .. I was dianosed with 'staghorn kidney stones' .. during my last stone surgery in 2010

.. My awesome urologist discovered the inside of my entire kidney walls are coated with thjs white mucus type stuff .. (which they again dont know what it is or where it is coming from and WHY my kidney is full of the stuff) .. also when I have had the many many lythrotripsies (sp) they have done a CT scan and seen the stones broken up (the largest stone I have had to date is a 22cm! ) but then after 24 to 48 hrs after lythrotripsy prosedure is completed my stones are 'glued' back together again... this along with most everything of my codition has just puzzled my team of urologists and doctors! .They have done 14 years of studing about other people and their kidney stone issues and people only having one kidney issues and they can not find anyone else with my problems ... which scares the hell out of me...

I suffer daily with sand, gravel, fragments and/ or stones passing most everytime I go tinkle everyday .. My urologist is an awesome doctor, if it wouldnt have been The Lord above and my urologist I would have lost my solitary kidney bk in 2000! .. I habe thanked The Lord above soo many times for my urologist, .. to those of you who I have read your posts about the horrible ways your urologists have treated you my heart goes out to you!!!! .. I would higly suggest ANYTIME you are trwated unfairly .REPORT THE PERSON (S) WHO TREATED YOU THIS WAY!! THESE KIND OF "doctors" need their medical license removed permantly!!!! ..They should not be allowed to practice medicine after being this way to anyone!!!! .. I pray there will be a breakthrough on kidney stones cause honestly there isnt a whole lot they 'know' about this issue!!! .. CRANBERRY JUICE AND WATER are the two things my urologist has told me for years to comsume TONS AND TONS OF DAILY!!! ... ANY beverage with alot of sugar and acid just adds to the kidney stone issues !!. I also habe 100% protein and 100% calcium in my urine along with tons and tons of blood !! I have to stay on antibiotics daily to keep my UTI's down .. I still get them but not as severe and not as frequently .. but I staued with UTI's for years as soon as I got thru taling the course of antibiotics . I then started a new UTI.. it is horrible .. the pain is all comsuming .. I am on two different pain meds .. One time released and one for breal through pain which out of all the pain medicine regimens I have been on THIS COMBO works the BEST!! I HATE TALING PAIN MEDICINE ..WELL ANY MEDICINE BUT THIS PAIN MAKES YOU HAVE TO TALE IT UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO LIVE IN PLAIN HORRIBLE MISERY EVERY SECOMD OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!! .. I still am in alot of pain but this combo calms the pain for the lomgest periods of time and I can actually get up out of bed and do things . Unlike before when I barely got up to go to the potty and get more to drink!! .. I

t is a horrible existance to be in this much pain amd not have pain meds .. the antibiotics also help alot with pain cuz when you have a UtI it swells up your kidney and causes paim as well..

ANY HELP .. SUGGESTIONS .. INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED .. I have changed my diet .. my beverage diet .. everything and still have stones daily ... it is a never ending battle!! Thank you for listening and I will keep you all im my prayers !!! Sorry this post is soo long ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread