It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

• Kidney infection /pain question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
    Ashleymckenney
    (female)

Ashleymckenney HB User
    Kidney infection /pain question

Hello- I am a 30 year old female with recurrent kidney infections and stones. I also have interstitial cystitis (was diagnosed two summers ago) I have a neurogenic bladder and have to self cath. I was just in the hospital for 3 days because of a kidney infection.

My question/comment is- the pain. I am in constant pain. My kidneys hurt all day, every day and it's sucking the energy out of me. Even when I don't have an active infection or passing a stone my kidneys hurt. I just had a scan done and there are 7 stones on my left side, 9 on my right. As I was being discharged yesterday, I was trying to explain to my urologist that my kidneys HURT. He kept saying the infection was gone, the stones are in my kidney, there's no explanation for my pain.

This makes me feel like I'm going insane. Anyone else deal with chronic kidney pain??? What can I do??? I'm so tired of doctors telling me my kidneys shouldn't be hurting because stones IN the kidney don't hurt. Something in me is hurting- and I need some help. I'm wiped from the pain. And so frustrated.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
    nichola31
    (female)

nichola31 HB User
    Re: Kidney infection /pain question

Hi
    There not much help but I seem to be to be getting the same symptoms as you. . Now I had a kidney infection 2 weeks ago 6 days on antibiotics no infection another 3 days on antibiotics still getting the pains next step is a scan .. I didt realise you could get stones on each side not sure what they feel like.. I never had a uti just a kidney infection pains on both side back and round to the front they did start of with little jabbings now jabs and feels like someone is pressing there thumb into my side hard to explain does this sound similar ? I've have a 4 month old baby really struggling. .😢 x

Closed Thread

Tags
    bladder, infection, kidney, stones, uti