It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Decreasing Fentanyl Patch/Tapering issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
    Bicycle4
    (female)

Bicycle4 HB User
    Decreasing Fentanyl Patch/Tapering issues

I have had back pain and hip pain following an accident in 2014. I had hip replacement in 2015 and I am in my upper 50's. After being on a 75mcg fentanyl patch for almost 2 years, I have started to taper down following much PT. In August, I went down from 75 to 50 without too much problem. I took percusset for the first few days. In September, I went down to 25mcg and this past week the withdrawal was horrible. Sweats, nausea, feeling of hopelessness , lack of energy and back pain. So my percusset pills (2 10/325 every 4-6 hours for 5 days) were increased to help with the tapering. I so want to be back to normal self. I feel like my pain is not severe like it was in the past. It is hard to distinguish between actual pain and dependence withdrawal pain. Can anyone help me with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread